|Posted By:||Bert Stevenson|
|Subject:||Re: Joseph Weinhart and/or Beulah Fish|
|Post Date:||March 29, 2002 at 13:29:28|
|Forum:||Dallas County, IA Genealogy Forum|
Yes, I did get the names of Abner's children from the 1850 census. The information on Peter Fish and his descendants I got from a family history started by a Mary Harper Moore Gardner plus a number of other sources including death certificates, county histories, city directories, correspondence with other Fish relatives, etc.
I show that Abner H. Fish was born in Northampton (now Pike) County, PA. As stated above, he and his family were living in Pocono Township, Monroe County, PA during the 1850 census. They plus others (who ??) moved to Dallas County Iowa in 1853. Why ??. I was born and raised in Northeast PA and am familiar with the region where the Fish's and Moore's lived.
I have some additional information on their son Peter Fish. He married Elizabeth Moor Harrison on February 11, 1854 in Pennsylvania. Peter and Elizabeth between then and 1855 moved to Dallas County, IA. I have a lot of information about Elizabeth's ancestors plus the children of Elizabeth and Peter. Are you interested?
Do you know the answers to any of these questions:
1. Why are Abner H. Fish and his wife Margaret buried in different locations? Margaret is buried in the Xenia Cemetery in Dallas County. Where is this cemetery located? I
2. The surname of Peter Fish's second wife - France A. ? She was born in Ohio according to some sources.
3. Where is Peter Fish buried?
4. Where is Frances A. Fish (nee ?) buried?
5. Where is Elizabeth M. Fish (nee Harrison) buried?
6. Do you have a more precise location on the birht place of Margaret Kettle than Pennsylvania?
Thanks for all your information.