|Posted By:||Teresa Hammer|
|Subject:||Re: John Wesley Hardin Family Tree|
|Post Date:||July 04, 2000 at 20:41:35|
|Forum:||Hardin Family Genealogy Forum|
I have the line that went to Ar. They first went to KY. Then to Independence Co., AR. Thats close to Batesville, (About 11/2 to 2 hours NE of Little Rock, if I have my directions right). Some even ended up here in NW Arkansas. In Crawford Co, AR. (Close to Ft. Smith, AR.
I am send a lot below but it shows the relationship. I have a lot that I found from other people and haven't proved it to myself yet.
The Ar line is in the 4th Generation.
Hope is will help.
Descendants of Benjamin Hardin I
Generation No. 1
1. BENJAMIN1 HARDIN I was born 1678 in VA, and died 1734 in Surry Co., VA. He married SARAH STANLEY. She was born 1678, and died 1750 in Isle of Wight Co., VA.
Children of BENJAMIN HARDIN and SARAH STANLEY are:
i. JAMES2 HARDIN.
ii. MARTHA HARDIN, m. JOHN HENRY JORDAN.
iii. SARAH HARDIN, m. HENRY GRAY.
iv. SOLOMON HARDIN.
v. ELIZABETH HARDIN, m. WALTON.
2. vi. BENJAMIN HARDIN II, b. Abt. 1710, Of Richmond Henrico, VA; d. February 1762, Mecklenburg, NC (old Anson Co).
Generation No. 2
2. BENJAMIN2 HARDIN II (BENJAMIN1) was born Abt. 1710 in Of Richmond Henrico, VA, and died February 1762 in Mecklenburg, NC (old Anson Co). He married SARAH HOOPER 1730.
Children of BENJAMIN HARDIN and SARAH HOOPER are:
3. i. REBECCA3 HARDIN, b. Abt. 1730, Richmond, Hanover Co., VA; d. 1780, NC.
ii. SARAH HARDIN, b. Abt. 1733.
4. iii. JOSEPH HARDIN, b. April 18, 1734, Richamond, Richmond Co., VA; d. July 04, 1801, Hardin Valley, Knox Co., TN.
5. iv. BENJAMIN HARDIN III, b. 1736, Surry County, Virginia; d. 1802, Middle Fork of Clifty Creek, Logan Co., KY.
6. v. JOHN HARDIN, b. Abt. 1738, Augusta Co., VA; d. April 1802, Knoxville, Knox Co., TN.
Generation No. 3
3. REBECCA3 HARDIN (BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born Abt. 1730 in Richmond, Hanover Co., VA, and died 1780 in NC. She married FREDERICK COL. HAMBRIGHT Bef. 1755.
Children of REBECCA HARDIN and FREDERICK HAMBRIGHT are:
i. JAMES4 HAMBRIGHT.
ii. ELIZABETH HAMBRIGHT.
iii. JOHN HARDIN HAMBRIGHT.
iv. BENJAMIN HAMBRIGHT.
v. FREDERICK MAJ. HAMBRIGHT.
vi. SARAH HAMBRIGHT.
4. JOSEPH3 HARDIN (BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born April 18, 1734 in Richamond, Richmond Co., VA, and died July 04, 1801 in Hardin Valley, Knox Co., TN. He married JANE GIBSON Abt. 1762, daughter of WALTER GIBSON and MARGARET JORDAN. She was born Abt. 1742 in Bladen Co., NC, and died March 25, 1817.
More About JOSEPH HARDIN:
Burial: July 1801, Hickory Creek Cem., Hardin Valley, Knox Co., TN
Children of JOSEPH HARDIN and JANE GIBSON are:
i. SARAH4 HARDIN, b. NC.
ii. JOHN HARDIN, b. 1762; m. SARAH DRAKE.
iii. JOSEPH HARDIN, b. January 22, 1763, Knox Creek, Tryon Co., NC; m. REBEKAH BETTY CARTER.
iv. JANE ANN HARDIN, b. Abt. 1764, Knox Creek, Tryon Co., NC; m. ALEX GOODWIN.
v. JAMES HARDIN, b. Abt. 1766, Henrico, VA; m. (1) NELLIE; m. (2) ELINOR GOODIN.
vi. BENJAMIN HARDIN, b. Abt. 1768, Henrico, VA; d. Licklogin, Greene, Tennessee; m. GIRL MARTIN.
vii. ROBERT HARDIN, b. Abt. 1770, Henrico, VA.
viii. ELENDER HARDIN, b. Abt. 1772, Knox Creek Tazewell Co, VA; m. ? THJACHER.
ix. MARY E. HARDIN, b. Abt. 1774, Knox Creek Tazewell Co, VA.
x. MARGARET HARDIN, b. 1776, Knox Creek Tazewell Co, VA; m. (1) ADAM KUYKENDALL; m. (2) NINEAR STEELE.
xi. AMOS HARDIN, b. February 25, 1780, Washington, NC; m. MARY GALLAHER.
7. xii. REBECCA HARDIN, b. Abt. 1782, Washington Co., NC.
8. xiii. BENJAMIN WATSON COOK HARDIN, b. February 28, 1782, Washington Co., NC; d. February 11, 1845, Polk, Hill Co., TX.
xiv. GIBSON HARDIN, b. Abt. 1786, Near Richmond, VA; m. SARAH GALLAHER.
9. xv. ROBERT D HARDIN, b. January 03, 1789, Greenville, Greene Co., TN.
5. BENJAMIN3 HARDIN III (BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born 1736 in Surry County, Virginia, and died 1802 in Middle Fork of Clifty Creek, Logan Co., KY. He married CATHERINE LAMPKIN 1760 in NC.
Children of BENJAMIN HARDIN and CATHERINE LAMPKIN are:
10. i. BENJAMIN4 HARDIN, b. March 15, 1764, Mecklenburg, NC; d. April 02, 1848, Christian Township, Independence, AR.
11. ii. JOAB HARDIN, b. 1766, NC; d. 1824, AR.
12. iii. CATHERINE HARDIN, b. 1767, NC; d. 1826, Washington Co., TX.
13. iv. SAMUEL HARDIN, b. 1776.
14. v. SARAH HARDIN.
vi. GEORGE HARDIN, m. LYDIA.
vii. JACOB HARDIN.
viii. MARGARET HARDIN, d. 1843, Montgomery Co., VA; m. HENRY HICKS, 1788.
6. JOHN3 HARDIN (BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born Abt. 1738 in Augusta Co., VA, and died April 1802 in Knoxville, Knox Co., TN. He married (1) ELIZABETH KUYKENDALL. She was born June 10, 1728 in Kingston, Ulster Co., NY. He married (2) CATHERINE Bef. May 01, 1758.
Children of JOHN HARDIN and ELIZABETH KUYKENDALL are:
i. MOSES4 HARDIN.
ii. JOHN HARDIN.
iii. SARAH HARDIN.
iv. BETTY HARDIN.
v. DAVID HARDIN.
vi. MARGARET HARDIN.
vii. JANE HARDIN.
Children of JOHN HARDIN and CATHERINE are:
viii. JOB4 HARDIN, b. 1766.
ix. SAMUEL HARDIN, b. 1770.
x. CARTHERINE HARDIN, b. 1772.
Generation No. 4
7. REBECCA4 HARDIN (JOSEPH3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born Abt. 1782 in Washington Co., NC. She married JAMES IRVIN 1795 in Lincoln Co., NC. He was born 1763 in Chatham City, NC, and died May 15, 1845 in Cleveland Co., NC.
Children of REBECCA HARDIN and JAMES IRVIN are:
i. SUSANNA5 IRVIN, b. May 15, 1797; d. May 09, 1846.
Notes for SUSANNA IRVIN:
Susanna never married.
ii. ISSAC JAMES IRVIN, b. March 05, 1800; d. July 30, 1839.
iii. ABRAM COLLINS IRVIN, b. October 04, 1801; d. June 01, 1865; m. LOUISA BEAM, March 15, 1830; b. 1812.
iv. RACHAEL IRVIN, b. December 19, 1803; m. WILLIAM EARLS.
15. v. JOHN YOUNG IRVIN, b. April 05, 1806; d. June 16, 1829.
vi. JAMES WILEY IRVIN, b. August 10, 1810.
vii. HANNAH IRVIN, b. May 11, 1813; m. JESSE HARDIN.
viii. ANCIL JACKSON IRVIN, b. October 02, 1815; d. September 14, 1895.
ix. MARTHA PATSY IRVIN, b. May 23, 1818.
x. ELIZABETH MARTIN IRVIN, b. August 24, 1819; m. MATTHIAS MASON.
xi. SARAH IRVIN, b. Abt. 1821; m. MICHAEL WORKMAN.
8. BENJAMIN WATSON COOK4 HARDIN (JOSEPH3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born February 28, 1782 in Washington Co., NC, and died February 11, 1845 in Polk, Hill Co., TX. He married MARTHA ANN BARNETT December 07, 1801 in Knox, TN, daughter of BARNETT. She was born Abt. 1783 in SC, and died January 12, 1863 in Polk, Hill Co., TX.
Children of BENJAMIN HARDIN and MARTHA BARNETT are:
i. JANE5 HARDIN, m. MOSES TRACY.
ii. GEROGE WASHINGTON HARDIN, b. 1802, TN.
iii. JOSEPH B HARDIN, b. May 08, 1804, TN.
16. iv. WILLIAM BARNETT HARDIN, b. April 20, 1806, Knox, TN.
17. v. ROBERT ECHISON HARDIN, b. April 11, 1808, Roane Co., TN; d. February 06, 1881, Brenham, Washington Co., TX.
vi. BENJAMIN P HARDIN, b. 1812.
18. vii. MARTHA BALCH HARDIN, b. January 04, 1816, TN.
viii. ELIZABETH ANN HARDIN, b. 1818, Wayne Co., TN.
19. ix. JAMES GIPSON HARDIN, b. March 02, 1823, Wayne Co., TN; d. 1876, Red River Co., TX.
x. EASTER MARY HARDIN, b. Abt. 1825.
9. ROBERT D4 HARDIN (JOSEPH3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born January 03, 1789 in Greenville, Greene Co., TN. He married (1) MARY DAVIDSON. He married (2) MARGARET MCALPIN.
Children of ROBERT HARDIN and MARY DAVIDSON are:
20. i. MARY OPHELIA5 HARDIN.
ii. ROBERT EMMETT HARDIN, m. ELIZABETH ANNA PRICE.
iii. THOMAS ALEXANDER HARDIN, m. (1) SUZIE WADE; m. (2) ELIZA TENNYSON.
iv. JOSEPH CONVERSE HARDIN, m. EMMA TATE.
10. BENJAMIN4 HARDIN (BENJAMIN3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born March 15, 1764 in Mecklenburg, NC, and died April 02, 1848 in Christian Township, Independence, AR. He married ELIZABETH SCOTT December 31, 1782 in Rutherford, NC. She was born 1766 in NC.
Children of BENJAMIN HARDIN and ELIZABETH SCOTT are:
i. SARA5 HARDIN.
ii. SINTHA HARDIN.
21. iii. CATHERINE HARDIN, b. TN.
22. iv. JOSEPH HARDIN, b. 1784; d. 1826, Davidsonville, Independence Co., AR.
v. NANCY HARDIN, m. WILLIAM WEBB.
vi. EUEL LAMKIN HARDIN, m. MATILA WEBB, 1836, Independence Co., AR.
vii. WALTER HARDIN, m. MANERVA.
viii. BENJAMIN V HARDIN, d. 1841, Crawford Co., AR; m. ELIZABETH REED.
ix. JOHN HARDIN, m. POLLY REED, 1805, Livingston Co., Ky.
11. JOAB4 HARDIN (BENJAMIN3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born 1766 in NC, and died 1824 in AR. He married (1) PEEL. He married (2) HOLLY BAGLEY. He married (3) SARAH DRAKE 1795 in KY.
Children of JOAB HARDIN and SARAH DRAKE are:
i. BENJAMIN5 HARDIN.
Notes for BENJAMIN HARDIN:
Benjamin was killed by Indians near Charlotte, TN
ii. PRUDENCE HARDIN, b. 1799; m. (1) IRA NASH; m. (2) GEORGE KIMBELL.
iii. JONATHAN HARDIN, b. 1800; d. 1869; m. ELIZABETH GREATHOUSE.
Notes for JONATHAN HARDIN:
Jonathan was a State Senator
23. iv. JOAB HARDIN, b. 1804; d. 1852, Ar.
12. CATHERINE4 HARDIN (BENJAMIN3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born 1767 in NC, and died 1826 in Washington Co., TX. She married WILLIAM GATES.
More About CATHERINE HARDIN:
Burial: Gates Cem. Washington Co, TX
Children of CATHERINE HARDIN and WILLIAM GATES are:
i. SARAH5 GATES, b. 1783; m. ABNER KUYENDALL, 1823.
ii. HANNAH GATES, m. WYATT HANKS.
iii. SAMUEL GATES, m. KATHERINE PYAOTT.
iv. CHARLES GATES, m. MINERVA HANKS.
v. JANE GATES, m. D A PERRY.
vi. AMOS GATES, b. 1789; m. LYDIA LEAKEY.
13. SAMUEL4 HARDIN (BENJAMIN3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) was born 1776. He married SUSANNAH DAVIS.
Children of SAMUEL HARDIN and SUSANNAH DAVIS are:
i. JAMES5 HARDIN, b. 1789, KY; m. SARAH WILLIAMS.
ii. JOSEPH DAVIS HARDIN, b. 1790, KY.
iii. BENJAMIN HARDIN, b. 1791, KY; d. 1866, AR; m. (1) SALLY STRINGER, 1813; m. (2) MARGARET REDDICK, 1824.
iv. SALLY HARDIN, b. 1800; m. JONATHAN W. MYRTLE, 1818.
v. SAMUEL HARDIN, b. 1804; m. HOPE SMITH, 1858.
vi. HANNAH HARDIN, m. JOHN BLAKELEY.
vii. ELIZABETH HARDIN.
viii. POLLY HARDIN, m. FIELD TRAMMEL.
14. SARAH4 HARDIN (BENJAMIN3, BENJAMIN2, BENJAMIN1) She married EUEL LAMKIN.
Children of SARAH HARDIN and EUEL LAMKIN are:
i. GEORGE5 LAMKIN.
ii. HANNAH LAMKIN, m. JONATHAN RAMSEY.
iii. SAMUEL LAMKIN, m. RACHEL MOORE, 1801.
iv. WOOD LAMKIN.