|Posted By:||Archie L. Colburn|
|Subject:||Ezekiel George - Texas|
|Post Date:||August 03, 2008 at 12:17:38|
|Forum:||George Family Genealogy Forum|
I have been doing some research on Ezekiel George in Wharton County and Fort Bend County, TX, because of the connnection with my Winfree line. The census records show he was born between 1810 - 1816 in TN. He died about 1865. Here is what I have on wives & children:
1. Married _______, one son, S. A., born abt 1833, LA.
2. Married Martha Winfree Bomar, 5 Oct 1843, Colorado Co, TX, 3 children - Laura Jane, Martha A. & Charles Robert.
3. Married Mrs. Caroline Davis Heard, 27 Dec 1847, Fort Bend Co, TX, 3 children - Albert Lamar, Oscar E. & Mary E.
4. Married Caroline Elizabeth Laws, 28 Nov 1854, 2 children - John Lamar & Eugene Milton
5. Married Louisa A. Jones Petty, 26 Oct 1863, Wharton Co, TX - no children
Many of the Fort Bend County records are on-line. There is a link on the Fort Bend site of USGENWEB. There is an affidavit of heirship on Ezekiel dated 26 Jun 1894. His Estate was probated in Wharton County in 1865. I would like to hear from anyone else interested in this family.