|Posted By:||Ruben Frankenstein|
|Subject:||Re: Benjamin & Sarah Frankenstein ca. 1800|
|Post Date:||May 29, 2006 at 07:19:15|
|Forum:||Frankenstein Family Genealogy Forum|
My great-great-grandfather Michael FRANKENSTEIN was born in
Loebau (West Prussia)and was a hatter and furrier. He married Henriette FREITAG (who died 29.3.1875 Thorn/Wpr.) and died 3.9.1872 or 25.12.1868 in Thorn (Torun).
They had two children:
1) Louis-Jehuda FRANKENSTEIN born 24.1.1850 Loebau/Wpr. and died 6.3.1929 in Berlin, a teacher and a schooldirector
in Crone a.d. Brahe (= Koronowo)
He married Friederike WOLFGANG, daughter of the teacher and Preacher Alexander Seew Wolfgang (*23.10.1852 Pleschen (=Pleszew)- 31.1.1934 Berlin) and 2. David FRANKENSTEIN
(*17.10.1857 Neidenburg/Opr. - 12.5.1927 Berlin) who stayed unmarried and without descendants.
My Greatgrandparents Louis-Jehuda and Friederike FRANKENSTEIN had 5 Children:
1. Dr. med. Max FRANKENSTEIN, a general practitioner
*22.5.1873 Crone/Brahe - 14.11.1958 Tel Aviv/Israel
He was married to Paula REISSNER daughter of Aron and Emma
REISSNER (*16.6.1878 Fuerstenwalde - 23.6.1949 Tel Aviv/IL
2. Arthur FRANKENSTEIN *23.3.1875 Crone/Brahe who survived
Concentration Camp Terezin - Theresienstadt but died there shortly after 1.6.1945, without descendants.
3. Betty FRANKENSTEIN, senior official of the Central Bureau of the Zionist Movement in Deutschland, of the
National Jewish Fund and of the Publishing House of the
"Juedische Rundschau" (*7.3.1882 Crone/Brahe - 5.7.1960
on Flight between Jerusalem and Munich
4. Clara FRANKENSTEIN, a hospital nurse ( born 8.7.1884 Crone/Brahe, transported from Berlin 13.1.1942 to Riga
where she was killed by the Nazis.
5. Hugo FRANKENSTEIN *1890 Crone/Brahe - ?) emigrated 1913 to USA (coming from Bremen with the ship "Barbarossa" on 24.4.1913 from Bremen). According to Ellis Island Records he was 23 years old single male who planed to stay in New York in the beginning c/o a Friend James Friedmann living in Broadway 708, New York.
I will be very grateful for any information concerning his
whereabouts, and probable descendants.
University of Freiburg, Germany