|Posted By:||Robert Jerin|
|Subject:||Croatian Genealogy Seminar Pittsburgh PA, Nov 15, 2008|
|Post Date:||October 11, 2008 at 12:54:45|
|Forum:||Upcoming Genealogy Events Forum|
Croatian Genealogy Seminar at Monroeville
Have you ever wondered about your Croatian roots? Why did your family leave Croatia? Why did they choose to come to America? How did they live in Stari Kraj? Who were their parents and grandparents? Did they have any brothers or sisters? Are there any relatives in Europe? Was your name changed at Ellis Island? What is the meaning of your family name? These are the kinds of topics we will be discussing at our genealogy seminar and showing you how to go about getting answers to the questions above.
We are coming back to Monroeville, PA with a Croatian genealogy seminar on Saturday, November 15, 2008. These seminars are always fun and informative with everyone going away with new information about their Croatian genealogy and how to find their personal family information. Some even go away with specific information about their family!
Our next seminar is planned for Saturday, Nov 15th 2008, from 8:30 AM to 4: 00 PM. We will be covering the following topics.
· History of Croatia and origins of Croatians
· How our ancestors lived in the “old country”
· Croatian immigration to America and the journey to America,
· How to get started with your family tree
· The do’s and don’ts of genealogy
· How to translate Croatian records
· How to locate records such as birth records, marriage records, death records, census records in the US and in Croatia
· Translation of given names (with Croatian, English, Italian and Latin), Meaning
· Meaning of surnames and categories of surnames
· Figuring Family relationships
During the seminar we will demonstrate the value of the internet in doing family research online. Also included in the seminar is my Croatian genealogy handbook for you to take with you.
The seminar will be held at the Monroeville PA Holiday Inn located at 2750 Mosside Rd, Monroeville PA on Saturday, November 15, 2008
Seating is limited and registration is required. Cost is $45 per person. To register please
call Bob Jerin at 216-991-2310 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org