|Posted By:||Don Justin|
|Subject:||CHAFFEE/JUSTIN/BOWMAN HERKIMER NY 1814|
|Post Date:||May 24, 2006 at 13:24:14|
|Forum:||Chaffee Family Genealogy Forum|
Polly CHAFFEE (1798-1875) married Mr. JUSTINES (JUSTIN/JUSTEN/ JUSTINE) circa 1814 in Herkimer County. Polly gave birth to Alonzo JUSTIN 15 Aug 1815 in Herkimer County, possibly in Farmers Settlement near Fairfield. Mr. JUSTINES disappears and Polly marries William BOWMAN circa 1817. By the late 1830's Alonzo JUSTIN and Polly (CHAFFEE-JUSTINE) BOWMAN clan had migrated and were established near Gorham New York. The extended family moved to St. Clair Michigan by 1840 accompanied by Polly's brother & family, Alpha CHAFFEE Jr.
1. Polly CHAFFEE is descended from Thomas CHAFFEE per CHAFFEE Genealogy of 1909.
2. Abbey JUSTINE was the first school teacher in NEWPORT, NY 1795 per FRENCH"S.
3. Zaddoc JUSTIN married "Bolly SeeVay" in the Ducth Reformed Prosestant Church of Herkimer Nov 1814.
4. Hannah JUSTIN was the first wife of John JOSLIN and is buried in the JOSLIN Family Cemetery Booneville, Oneida County, New York.
5. Ephraim W. Miner (Minor) JUSTIN (1789-1855) and family members are buried in the JUSTIN Cemetery, Hawkinsville- Booneville, Oneida County, New York.
Any assistance or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Donald JUSTIN CWO USN (Ret)