|Posted By:||Barbara Purcell|
|Subject:||Re: Joseph Chaffee|
|Post Date:||September 05, 2004 at 01:10:22|
|Forum:||Chaffee Family Genealogy Forum|
Joseph Chaffee b. 17th Jan. 1701-2 in Swansea, Mass.; d. 15 Mar. 1760; m. Hannah May, b. 1st Oct. 1704 in Swansea, dau. of Ephraim May, of Rehoboth, Mass.
1. Sarah b. 18th Jan. 1729 m. (firstly) Isaac Morris, m. (secondly) Hon. JOhn Bliss.
2. Joseph b. 9th Jan. 1730-31; m. Esther Chaffee
3. Benjamin b. 10th July 1732 m. Hannah Skinner
4. Ephraim b. circa 1733; m. Anna (or Anne) Torrey
5. Asa b. 5th June 1734 (this is my line)
6 Jonathan b. 16th Mar. 1735-36
7. Comfort b. 20th Mar. 1737-38 m. (firstly) Mary Bliss m. (secondly) Mrs. Hepzibah (Green) Chaffee.
8) Hannah b. 17th June 1742
9) Darius b. 22 Mar. 1743-44 d. aft 1775. removed to Wilbraham. On pay roll dated 5th Dec. 1775, of Captain Warriner's Company of Wilbraham, Mass, who "marched in defense of liberty on ye alarm last April, occasioned by Lexington fight.
10. Isaiah, m. Betty Manning
11. Joel b. 19th Nov. 1745
This comes from "Colonial Families Of The United States"
Family History: Colonial Genealogies #1 1607-1920
Colonial Families Vol.111, Chaffee Family, Pg. 134
I have a lot of material on the Chaffee family and others related to these. I do have copies of Swansea Records as I hired a genealogist in Ct. Please contact me by email and I will be happy to scan and email copies pertaining to what you need.