Posted By:Kathleen Burgar
Email:
Subject:Re: Book title One-Six Heritage
Post Date:April 09, 2013 at 17:47:34
Message URL:http://genforum.genealogy.com/canada/messages/99339.html
Forum:Canada Genealogy Forum
Forum URL:http://genforum.genealogy.com/canada/

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lindal School No. 1060 (1900-1967)
Lindal School District was organized in April 1900. A school building was constructed the next year in the southeast quarter of 29-1-6 west of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Stanley. It was one of the few one-room schools in Manitoba that hosted classes from grade 1 through grade 12. It closed in January 1967. As of the early 1990s, the wood frame building still sat at the site but it is no longer present




Historic Sites of Manitoba: Deer Creek School No. 1420 (1907-1967)
Deer Creek School District was originally organized as Oak Bluff School District in April 1907. The name was changed at some later time, possibly to avoid confusion with the Oak Bluff School near Winnipeg. A school building was constructed in the northwest quarter of 8-1-5 west of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Stanley. It closed in July 1967. As of the early 1990s, the former school building was being used as a granary at SW12-1-5W




Historic Sites of Manitoba: Diamond School No. 1314 (1905-1967)
Diamond School District was organized in September 1904. A school building was constructed the next year in the southeast quarter of 35-1-6 west of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Stanley. It closed in 1967.

Among the teachers who worked at Diamond School was John S. Helgason.