Posted By:Sandra Stephens
Subject:Re: Jump Information Needed Please
Post Date:November 26, 2012 at 12:26:30
Message URL:
Forum:California Genealogy Forum
Forum URL:

If you know where your father-in-law was born, obtain a copy of his birth certificate. It will tell his parents' names. Then you can search for them in the 1940 census (the latest one available), as well as death certificates if they are deceased.

Additionally, if the father-in-law was in the Air Force, you can obtain his service record. There might be something helpful in it.

It won't hurt to just Google "John Raymond Jump" and see if you get any hits.