|Posted By:||JANICE BABB|
|Subject:||Re: Bush orphan mystery??|
|Post Date:||February 05, 2011 at 21:00:55|
|Forum:||Bush Family Genealogy Forum|
Are these the same John Gately and Jemina Mercer? the dates don't seem to work.....
. JOHN2 GATELY (WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1768 in Gatley or Gateley; killed by his father-in-law William Mercer, and died Aft. 1806 in Tennessee. He married JEMIMA (MIME MESSER) MERCER January 30, 1787 in Caswell Co, NC, daughter of WILLIAM MERCER. She was born in moved to Caldwell Co. Ky bef 1810, Mercer.
Children of JOHN GATELY and JEMIMA MERCER are:
3. i. JOHN3 GATELY, b. Abt. 1788; d. Greene County, Missouri.
ii. SUSAN GATELY, b. September 11, 1791, Caswell Co. NC; d. April 14, 1881, Franklin Township, Greene Co., Missouri; m. WILLIAM JENKINS, October 25, 1810, Caldwell Co. KY.
4. iii. NANCY GATELY, b. Abt. 1793, Caswell Co., NC; d. April 11, 1863, Springfield, Greene Co. Missouri.
5. iv. SALLY SARAH GATELY, b. Abt. 1794, NC.
v. JAMES MERCER GATELY, b. Abt. 1798, NC; m. POLLY ANN BROOKS, January 11, 1818, Caldwell Co. KY.
6. vi. JEMIMA GATELY, b. Abt. 1801, North Carolina; d. Webster County, Missouri.
7. vii. LUCRETIA GATELY, b. Abt. 1803, NC; d. 1888.
viii. POLLY GATELY, b. Abt. 1804; d. Greene County, Missouri; m. WILLIAM ATCHISON; d. Greene County, Missouri.
ix. PHOEBA GATELY, b. January 30, 1806, Madison Co. TN; d. October 19, 1850, Yell Co., AR; m. JESSE GARRETT GRACE, September 02, 1830, Madison Co. TN.