|Posted By:||John A Kilpatrick|
|Subject:||Re: John Allardice Kilpatrick|
|Post Date:||March 10, 2002 at 07:59:22|
|Forum:||Allardyce Family Genealogy Forum|
Cambuslang's 3 miles SE of Rutherglen, I note. I haven't tried Allardice census records, because they don't show maiden names, and I've no first names to go on. I agree a relationship is likely, but I can't find it.
James Kilpatrick (b.1827) was dead by the time of 1881 census. He was a coal miner. His second son's birth certificate gives Coal-Miner; born at Fireworks, Parish of Govan.
wife Jane Tennent, born in Rutherglen(prob. = Jean Tennant b. 12-May-1833) was alive in 1881; census & familysearch.org give these children:
1. William prob. named after maternal grandfather.
2. David Tennent b. 18-Oct-1855 almost certainly named after maternal grandfather (in which case maternal grandmother may have been Isobel Muir - not certain)
3. James named after father
4. Jane named after mother? or a grandmother (or both)?
5. William - name replaces earlier one who died young
6. Isabella named after ?? maybe maternal grandmother (Isabella=Isobel in Scotland)
7. John Allardice - mystery
8. Thomas Finlayson - same mystery
I live in Sheffield. email email@example.com