|Posted By:||Charlotte Boykin|
|Subject:||Susanna Elizabeth (Histello-Histelow) Green/1850 Census Pickens Co. AL)|
|Post Date:||August 01, 2005 at 06:49:02|
|Forum:||Pickens County, AL Genealogy Forum|
Susanna Elizabeth Histelow Green was born on December 12, 1790 in SC. She died in 1855 in Webster Co. MS. She is listed on the 1850 census for Pickens Co. AL. She is living next door to her daughter Mary Smith Green Gore and her husband Ezekiel Fletcher Gore and she has her two youngest daughters living with her:
1) Elizabeth R. Green, b. June 2, 1822, Jackson Co. GA.
2) Felitha Vines Green, b. February 15, 1824, Jackson Co. GA.
Susanna Elizabeth (Histello-Hestilow) Green was the wife of Elias Green and they married about 1805 in SC. They moved from SC to Jackson Co. GA and from there to Pickens Co. AL. Susanna Elizabeth Green is buried in the North Union Cemetery in Webster Co. MS. Elias Green is not listed in the household with her in 1850 Census in Pickens Co. AL leading me to believe that he may have already died by that time and she was a widow at this time. They also had the following children:
1) John H. Green, b. December 22, 1806, SC.
2) Chaney Green, b. October 24, 1809, SC. m. James Ammons on January 31, 1833 in Jackson Co. GA. They are listed on the 1850 census for Pickens Co. near Carrollton, AL.
3) Dorcas Green, b. January 8, 1811 in SC. She married James P. Miller in 1829 in Columbus, GA. She died on June 2, 1885 in Newton Co. MS.
4) David S. Green, b. May 21, 1813, in GA. He died on August 18, 1884 in Webster Co. MS. He married Susan Cellum (Kellum) about 1847.
5) Mary Smith Green, b. March 25, 1815, Jackson Co. GA. She died on September29, 1878 in Webster Co. MS and is buried at North Union Cemetery. She married in 1836 in Pickens Co. AL Ezekiel Fletcher Gore, son of Thomas T. Gore and Nancy Sanders. (my line)
6) Isom Green, b. November 7, 1817, in Jackson Co. GA.
7) Martha Green, b. February 23, 1820, in Jackson Co. GA.
Some of these children may have been in Webster Co. MS vicinity or in Pickens Co. AL Would like to correspond with any descendants of Elias Green and Susanna Elizabeth Histelow (Histello). Does anyone know anything about Elias Green and when and where he died? Will be glad to share any family information that I have. Charlotte G. Boykin