Hi.. where you mentioned your grandfather Miles Franklin Barrett, you also showed his brother Benjamin with a middle initial of S. Was this S. for another Stephen name to add to the confusion with all the Stephen Carrolls ?
We are searching for the father (supposed to be Stephen Carroll) of Earl Allen Carroll born Apr 25, 1865 who married Laura Isabel (Anderson) Guinn(first husband) b. Apr 8, 1865 and was the daughter of James Sylvestor Anderson and Nancy Gilstrap. Children of the couple were:
(1) Maude Mabel Carroll, b. Jan 16, 1889, MO; d. 1967, Belle Center, Jasper Co., MO who married John Hill;
(2) Walter Carroll, b. Feb 26, 1891, MO; d. Feb 1973, Belle Center, Jasper Co., MO who married Mabel Ladd. Their children: Howard Gheilen, Stanley, Edwin and Katherine.
(3) Everett Marion Carroll, b. Feb 11, 1894; d. Jun 9, 1981, Riverside, Riverside Co., CA; [See below for further] who married Nora Viola Alexander, b. Dec 23, 1896, d. Aug 16, 1964, Monahans, Ward Co., TX. They had one son: John Edward "Jack" Carroll, b. Oct 19, 1913, Joplin, MO; d. July 1, 1996, Haltom City, Tarrant Co., TX.
(4) Donald Dewey Carroll, b. Jun 10, 1896, MO; d. Sep 1980, Warrensburg, Johnson Co., MO (If Soc Sec Death Index I obtained is correct). Married Ida (no other info).
(5) Helen Marie Carroll, b. Dec 5, 1900, MO; d. April 1983, Joplin [Edina, Knox Co., MO.] who married Louis G. Stewart, d. May 24, 1979, Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.
(6) Edward Quincy Carroll, b. Sep 19, 1907, MO; d. May 1979, Belle Center, Jasper Co. MO. who married (1) Betty Sanders (no other info available). They had the following children:
(1) Edward Quincy Carroll, Jr. b. Feb 8, 1929; d. Mar 19, 1982 of myatonic muscular dystrophy. Eddie married Sue (maiden name unknown)
(2) Colleen Beverly Carroll, b. Apr 26, 1937, who married Mr. Buzzard and has five children. Colleen is still living at 1611 Ohio Street, Joplin, MO 64801 and has all the Carroll genealogy, per Sue Carroll -- my correspondent who lives in Albuquerque, NM.
(3) Patrick Dennis Carroll, b. Jul 17, 1943; d. Jul 17, 1996 (NOTE: only 16 days after Daddy Jack died -- same year) of myatonic muscular dystrophy.
Note: Laura Isabel Anderson b. Apr 8, 1865, Neosho, Newton CO, MO, daugher of James Silvester and Nancy (Gilstrap) Anderson, married 1) Albert Guinn about 1880 .
No info exists concerning Guinn. They had two children:
(1) Minnie Grace Guinn, born in Carthage, Jasper Co., MO, who married George Littler first (no info) and later was named in obituary for Laura Isabel: Commonly called, Grace. Married to Clyde Terris at the time of her mother's (Laura Isabel Anderson Carroll) death Mar, 23 1928.
(2) Leonard B. Guinn, born in Carthage, Jasper Co. MO (don't know where the info regarding the Guinn birth locales comes from.....)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|