I've gotten a little more info in the past few days. Still missing good info on Susanna Caplinger's siblings. How are you connected? Absolom and Susanna (Caplinger) Fisher would be my great x3 grandparents.
The info I have on all their children come from census, and much from a family letter that my grandma received in 1949 from a grandchild of Absolom and Susanna Fisher's. I think it's fairly close...no absolute guarantees...
Children of Absolom and Susanna Fisher:
1) Christenia b. 10/25/1811, VA
2) John F. b. 2/27/1813, VA
3) Elizabeth b. 1/15/1815, VA
4) Sindina b. 11/14/1817, VA
5) Absolum, Jr. b. 1/1/1819, VA
6) Adam Caplinger b. 12/31/1819, VA. He married a Mary Jane Hively also from VA.
Family moved from Pendleton, VA around 1820-1822. The following census places them in Pickaway Cnty., OH.
7) George Washingon b. 12/13/1822, OH
8) Ebinesaur, b. 10/13/1825, OH
9) Mary Ann, b. 7/3/1828, OH
10) Rubin Dice, b. 9/9/1831, OH
11) Sidney, b. 3/27/1834, OH. She married a William H.
Gale, moved to Piatt County, IL (as did most of the rest of family), had several children, and in 1860, her parents Absolom and Susannah Fisher were living with her family.
12) Susannah, b. 5/7/1837, OH. She is my direct line. She married Jonathan Huffine of OH, also moved to Piatt Cnty., IL, living in or near the town of Monticello. They had children, and moved on west...
I have more...depending on who you need/want info on...I'm still tring to organize my all my info. So it may come a little slow.
One thing I'm wondering about...Susanna Caplinger's mother, I found something that indicated her mother's name was Catherine Elizabeth Dice. (I don't recall where I got this, unfortunately.) This last name does match the middle name of one of her children, Rubin Dice, but differs from the record you found.
If you have or know family descendants that have old family letters, photos, etc., I would love to have copies of anything available!!! Also, there is a family "myth or gossip" handed down from my grandfather (whose family line this is to me), that his grandmother, Susannah Fisher (last daughter of Absolom and Susannah Fisher) was part Indian. I haven't seen anything to back this up. I know that this family did live in close proximity to Indians, and were in locales during the right times of Indian "kidnappings" and raids...anything is possible. Anybody that knows anything about this, please let know!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|