FUREY - FOLEY
On the afternoon of January 18th upwards of fifty persons assembled at St. Patrick’s Church to be present at the wedding of Miss Alice FOLEY of St. John’s to Mr. James FUREY of Carbonear, which was to be performed by the Rt. Rev. Msgr. KITCHIN. At 3 p.m. the bridal party arrived at the church, attired in a rust ensemble suit of poiret twill and satin face crepe with hat to match was given away by her uncle, Mr. Peter MURPHY. She was attended by Miss Kathleen HAYSE, the groom being supported by Mr. Augustus CLEARY. The wedding over, all repaired to the home of Mrs. Peter MURPHY, sister of the bride, where in Mrs. MURPHY’s inimitable style, arrangement for the wedding festivities had been made. Songs by Miss Kathleen HAYES and Katherine MURPHY and Mr. Michael O’BRIEN, recitations by Mrs. Julia Salter EARLE and Mr. J. BRANSFIELD, also reminiscences by Mrs. N. J. MURPHY helped pass the evening pleasantly. The groom’s present to the bride was a cheque, to the bridesmaid a necklet of pearls, and to the best man gold cuff links. Mr. and Mrs. FUREY left by the 6 a.m. train for their future home in Carbonear, where Mr. FUREY has for many years been connected with the Newfoundland Government Railway. If presents are an indication of good will then Mr. and Mrs. FUREY may feel happy to-day in the thought that they occupy high places within the hearts of their numerous friends.
St. John’s, January 19th, 1926
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|