Thanks to Graham Smith (my mother's cousin) for the following information. Also, thanks to Rod for keeping me on the correct path.
GENERATION No. 1
1. Jacob1 Smith, b. Feb 23, 1800, St. Peters, Man.; d. Sept 30, 1870, St. Peters, Man. He married Jane Mcnab on Jan 23, 1832 in Red River Settlement. (May have moved here from out of the province)
Children of Jacob and Jane are:
2. i. James Smith, b. 1825, Red River Settlement.
3. ii. Peter Smith, b. April 14, 1830, St. Peters, Man.; d. Sept 15, 1912, St. Peters, Man.
iii. David Smith, b. 1835 in (?)
iv. Margaret Smith, baptized on Dec 25, 1839, St. Peters, Man.
v. Mary Smith, baptized on April 20, 1842, St. Peters, Man.
GENERATION No. 2
James Smith (Jacob) was born 1825, Red River Settlement. He married Hariet or Harriet Thomas on Dec 23, 1846, Red River Settlement.
Children of James and Harriet are:
i. Gilbert Smith, b. 1847
ii. Mariann Smith, b. 1854
iii. James Smith, b. 1859
iv. Flora Smith, b. 1867
v. Catherine Smith, b. 1869
vi. Albert James Smith, b. (?)
vii. Maggie Smith, b. (?)
viii. Elijah Smith, b. (?)
3. Peter3 Smith (Jacob) was born on April 14, 1830 in St. Peters, Man.; d. Sept 15, 1912, St. Peters, Man. He married Mary Mcnab on Dec 06, 1855, St. Johns, Man.
Notes for Mary Mcnab: Her parents were Timothy Mcnab and Mary McAllister.
Children of Peter and Mary are:
5. i. Benjamin Smith, b. 1859, St. Peters, Man.
6. ii. Jacob Smith, b. April 15, 1861, St. Peters, Man.; d. May 19, 1954, Selkirk Man. He married Sara Jane Hope.
7. iii. David Smith, b. 1864, St. Peters, Man.; d. Unknown, St. Peters, Man. May have m. Mary Favel or Phinia Favel.
8. iv. Abraham Smith, b. 1865 in (?), m. Margaret Stranger (nee (?)).
v. John Smith, b. 1867.
GENERATION No. 3
Albert James Smith (James2, Jacob1) was born (?) in (?). He married (?).
Child of Albert and (?) is:
i. Malcolm Smith.
5. Benjamin5 Smith (Peter3, Jacob1) was born 1859, St. Peters, Man. He married (1)Lydia Stevenson on Dec 06, 1883, St. Peters Dynevor, Man.. He married (2)Lena Kruger on Sept 12, 1918, and (3) Eliza Cochrane on May 07, 1921, St. Peters Dynevor, Man.
Children of Benjamin and Lydia are:
9. i. Gordon Stanley Smith, b. Nov 15, 1904, St. Peters, Man.; d. Jan 13, 1983, Selkirk, Man.
ii. Victoria "Eva" Smith, b. Dec 03, 1905, St. Peters, Man.; d. Sept 14, 1974, Selkirk, Man.
10. iii. Fred Smith, b. 1891, St. Peters, Man.
iv. Flora Bella Smith, b. 1898; d. Dec 06, 1980, Selkirk, Man. She married William Welham, an englishman.
Notes for Lydia Stevenson: Her father was Thomas John Stevenson "Chief" of the Peguis Reserve in Man.
9. Gordon9 Stanley Smith (Benjamin5, Peter3, Jacob1) was born on Nov 15, 1904, St. Peters, Man.; d. Jan 13, 1983, Selkirk Man. He married (1) Magdeline Murdock, he married (2)Elizabeth "Lizzie" Margaret Mason on Jan 09, 1928, Koostatak, Man.
Notes for Elizabeth Margaret Mason: Her parent's were William Mason and Rubina Bradburn. William's parents were John Muminawatum and Margaret Sinclair. John's parent's were Isaac Muminawautm and Rebecca Budd. William Mason was named after the Rev. William Mason.
Notes for Rubina Bradburn: Her parent's were William Bradburn and Jessie Cochrane. I think that Rubina had several siblings one was I think named Moses Bradburn; However, I'm not certain about this.
Both of these family's may have lived in the Norway House area at one time.
Most of my family is from the Peguis and Fisher River Reserve, as well as, the St. Peters area of Man.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|