My g.g.g. grandfather was Terence Connor of, Kilglas Parish, County Roscommon,Ireland. Terence was from the Patrick Connor family line. Terence was married to Mary Stewart and were emigrated to the U.S. in 1847 with their two children Thomas and Mary. Thomas married Mary E. Willard (originally from New York). Mary Willard died in the early 1870's. Thomas then married one Cecilia Dufficy. Cecilia was the daughter of Martin Dufficy and Nora Flannigan both again, from Co. Roscommon. Thomas, Mary and Cecilia had the following children in Currie, Murray County and Shetek County, Minnesota,
(1) Robert Owen Connor (B: Jan 21,1871) (D: 1945 in Donald, Washington) married Annie Helena Owen (B: Feb 16,1876) Portage Wisconsin and died, later in life in Florence, South Dakota. After a divorce he married one Elizabeth Bond (B:1882) (who also died in Pendelton, Oregon) . Robert, Anna and Elizabeth had the following children,
(1a) Patrick Connor, who for a period of time in Vancouver, Washington, Patrick
apparently was married to three women, the last named Margaret. It is believed, but not
confirmed that Patrick died in Milwaukee, Washington.
(1b) Michael J. Connor (B: 1918) and died in 1970 in Spokane, Washington. Michael
was a member of the US Marines. Although he was married and divorced, his wifeís
name is unknown and it is unknown whether he had children
(1c) Pearl Connor who married John Butler, later died in Pendleton, Oregon. They had two children, Patricia Butler and Iva Marie Butler.
(1d) Robert Connor. Little is known about Robert other than he too lived in Washington
State and was a member of the US Military.
(1e) Leona Myrtle Connor (B: Aug 28,1908). Leona married an Ivan (last name unknown).
(1f) Lyle Robert Connor (B: Oct 23, 1896) died in Concord, California. Lyle married
one Gladys Benson and had two children that I know of, Harold and Audrey Connor, I understand that there maybe a Washington State University connection to at least the
children and possibly the parents),
(1g) Mary (Mae) Elizabeth Connor (B:1897) died in Mission, B.C. Mae was married to Art Caughey who passed away in the early 1960ís and then to Herb Simmons who later died in the 1980ís. Mae had one child, Lorna, who married James Hamilton. Their children were John, Mary, Michael and Patrick.
(1h) Leon Wilbur Connor (B:1900) married twice. One spouse was of the first name
Dorothy. Leon had two children Leon Wilbur Connor (Jr.) (Died in Seattle, Wash., 1999)
and Kathy Connor who married a fellow last name of Pearson.
(1i) Virgil Thomas Connor (my grandfather) (B: Aug.30, 1902) and married Dru Passey and lived primarily in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. Virgil had two children, Joyce and Robert Virgil Connor,who was born in Kimberly, B.C. Joyce Connor had a number of children, Ken, Carol-Anne, Paul Blanchette, Monte Blanchette, Candice Blanchette, and Wendy Blanchette. All of these children were born in British Columbia, Canada Robert Virgil Connor married and had three children, Robert Michael Connor, Leslie Jane Connor and Peter Virgil Connor. All born in British Columbia.
Robert Owen Connor moved from South Dakota in the early 1900ís and re-settled in the
Bow Island area of Alberta. However, after a
period of time they moved back to the U.S. and lived in Spokane and the Yakima Valley of
Washington and the Pendelton area of Oregon State.
(2) Minnie Gertrude Connor (B: Nov 10, 1872) married two people during her lifetime,
one fellow, named Gustafson and the other, William Soward. The only other information
known about them is that they had at least one child, Anna Marie Soward (B: Feb 23,1892) and that at one time were residents of Spokane, Washington.
(3) Ella May Connor (B: Dec 27th, 1874) and died in Heppner, Oregon on Sept. 16,1946. She married Fred William Owen (B: Mar 8, 1872) and he died in 1953 in Tacoma, Washington. I have extensive information on this family line.
(4) Charles Thomas Connor (B: Apr 26th, 1878). I have no further information on him.
(5) George H. Connor (B: May 11, 1880). The only other facts I know about him is
that he had two children Earl Connor and Colista Connor
(6) John Connor (B: Jun 6, 1884) married a woman by the first name of Julia. He had
two children that I know of, Cordelia Connor an Wayne Connor
(7) Nora Connor (B: May 26, 1887) and died in Pendelton, Oregon. She was known to
have married Joseph Swartz and they had one child that I know of, George Swartz.
I hope that there is a family connection out there to help me fill in the British Columbia blanks, and the unknowns of other family members, if so, please contact me direct and thanks for your time. Mike Connor
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|