One of my relatives, Mikael Ulrik Martinussen Roe, immigrated to USA from Norway in 1882; and he settled about 1884-85 in Ramsey County / Devils Lake. Mikael died before 1920; but his widow and children lived in San Fransisco in 1920 and in Los Angeles in 1930. Two of the daugthers, Selma and Eva, died in San Diego.
Mikael was born February 28, 1855 in Norway. He married with Ellen Berg (born July 2, 1861 or 1862). They had the following (known) children:
1. Agnes, born in December 1882 in Minnesota.
2. Ida, born in May 1884 in North Dakota (Ramsey?).
3. John, born in September 1885 in North Dakota (Ramsey?).
4. Inga, born in November 1886 in Ramsey.
5. Selma, born in April 1893 in Ramsey.
6. Minnie, born in February 1895 in Ramsey.
7. Segvert (Sigurd), born in Nov. 1897 in Ramsey.
8. Eva, born 31 Oct. 1901 i Ramsey.
9. Hazel, born in 1903 in Ramsey.
In 1887 Mikael and his family lived in Grand Harbor. Mikal U. M. Roe homesteaded 160 acres in Ramsey County July 12, 1894. Mikael's mother Inger Marie Roe homesteaded 160 acres in Ramsey County, recorded Dec 17, 1900.
In the 1900 Census Mikael and his family lived in Ramsey County; at that time he owns a hotel.
Sometime between 1903 and 1920 the family move from Ramsey to California (San Francisco). In 1920 Mikael's wife Ellen Roe is a widow; and Mikael must have died before 1920 (I dont know if it was before or after they moved to California). In 1920-Census is living the following children together with Ellen: John, 35, single, a jitney driver. Sigurd, 22, single, a jitney driver. Hazel, 17.
In 1930 Census Ellen Roe is living in Los Angeles (owns property valued at $2500); with son Sigurd (31, single, an automobile mechanic) and daugther Hazel (27 married at age 22).
Ellen Roe died April 30, 1945 in Los Angeles.
California Death Records :
Death dates for some of children of Mikael and Ellen Roe:
- John N Roe; died March 1, 1941 Los Angeles.
- Selma Roe; August 7, 1985 i San Diego.
- Segvert (Sigurd) Roe; died Oct 22, 1946 San Francisco.
- Eva Roe Mays; died Sept 10, 1980 San Diego.
I am searching for more information about these families in San Fransisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
Thank you very much! Yours sincerely, Per Vidar Bredesen
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|