The obit for Bob Winbigler in 1999 includes this info:
What became the Winbigler Family Mortuary was started in 1894 by Dr. Ira Dillon Mills, a physician who pulled teeth as a sideline.
He was later joined by Bob's grandfather, Theodore A. "T.A." Winbigler, to form Mills-Winbigler Undertakers.
Its first location was on Fourth Street in Santa Ana. It then moved to Sixth and Main streets, and in 1960 relocated to the property on which The Orange County Register now sits. In 1982, when it was clear that Bob's children would not take over the business, and even clearer that Register owner and publisher Clarence Hoiles was determined to have the property, Bob sold out.
....Arrangements by Brown Colonial Mortuary, Santa Ana.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|