I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.
Truth is, I'm not researching the Burgwins, I'm researching the ORMSBYs. On a lark, I tossed out some information that I came across on related families where the information was good and the families removed a generation or two, maybe not knowing to look where I found it... which is to say, not realizing the line crossed the Ormsbys and there was tons of published information on the Ormsbys that MENTIONED their family.
I just did it out of good genealogy citizenship, ha ha!
The Ormsbys are a very prominent family in the history of Pittsburgh, and there's a lot of documentation about them.
What follows is from "A short account of the Family of Ormsby of Pittsburgh" by Oliver Ormsby Page pub 1892, p 28-30.
The Starting with where the line I'm researching - Ormsby crosses Phillips before crossing Burgwhin - crosses Burgwin (and then I'll backtrack):
Mary Phillips, d. Hassel Hill, Pittsburgh, 1 Januar, 1882, m. Pittsburgh, 22 November 1849, to Hill Burgwin, b. at The Hermitage near Wilmington NC, 21 February 1825; son of George William Bush Burgwin by his wife Maria Nash; ed. university of North Carolina; admitted to the bar of the state at Raleigh in January, 1846; settled in Pittsburgh in 1851. Issue:
1. George Collinson Burgwin b. 17 August 1851; B.A. Trinity college, hartford 1872; LLB Columbia college, New York, 1875; admitted to the bar of Allegheny county PA 7 september 1875; m. 15 November 1882 to Mary Blair, daughter of John Cust Blair of Pittsburgh, by his wife Anne Rebecca Robinson. issue:
(1)Anne Robinson Burgwin, b. Pittsburgh
(2)Hill Burgwin b. Pittsburgh 25 July 1885
(3)Gwendolen Burgwin b. Pittsburgh
(4)Mary Blair Burgwin b Pittsburgh
(5)George Collinson Burgwin, b Pittsburgh 19
2. Henry Phillips Burgwin, b. Pittsburgh 23 April 1854; m. 21 February, 1884, to Euphemia Bakewell James, daug. David A. James of Clifton Cincinnati, by his wife Elizabeth Page Bakewell, dau Thomas Woodhouse Bakewell by his wife Elizabeth Raniin Page, dau Benjamin Page by his first wife Elizabeth Rankin (b. Cambridgeshire, Eng., 1771l d. New York city, 30 October 1803; whom he m. 10 May 1791, at St. Mary le BOw, Cheapside, London, the celebrated "Bow church" designed by Sir Christopher Wren. Issue:
(1)Hasell Hill Burgwin b. Pittsburgh 29 Sept 1887
(2)Howard Jones Burgwin b. Grasmere, FL, 9
3. John Henry King Burgwin, b Pittsburgh, 19 June 1856; BA Trinity College, Hartford, 1877
4. Sara Ormsby Burgwin, b. Pittsburgh
5. Augustus Phillips Burgwin, b. Pittsburgh, 1 December 1860; BA Trinity college, Hartford 1882; admitted to the bar of Allegheny co, PA 1885.
A sketch of the line leading to this is Oliver Ormsby m. Deborah Barry, son John Ormsby m. Jane McAllister, son Oliver Ormsby m. Sarah Mahon, dau Sarah Mahon Ormsby m. Maj. Asher Phillips, dau Mary Phillips m. George William Bush Burgwin, son George Collinson Burgwin m Mary Blair who had sons George Collinson Burgwin and Hill Burgwin.
I know it seems long, but this is a link directly to the book I'm referencing: http://digital.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/t/text/pageviewer-idx?c=pitttext;cc=pitttext;sid=b4dc3c9a11a09445539aba0e615a6c3a;q1=Oliver%20Ormsby;op2=And;op3=And;rgn=full%20text;idno=00add0854m;view=image;seq=0003
You can search the University of Pittsburgh digital library at http://digital.library.pitt.edu. There are 46 different books that refer to Oliver Ormsby in their collection, I'm sure that at least some portion of those will refer to this Burgwin line as well.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|