Manual Marion Burger was the son of Leander C.Burger. Leander was born in 1854 in TN and a brother to my great-great grandfather, Lorenzo Dow Burger. Their father was Abraham Burger and their mother was Rosanna McNabb. Abraham was born in 1819 in TN and was a son of John George Burger.
Leander C. Burger was buried in Culberson, NC. He first married Lucy N. Picklesimer. Their children were
1. Jospheine Eller (Married a Hidrick)
2. Martha Jane (married E.S. Pate)
3. George Abraham
6. John Wesley
7. Manual Marion
9. James L.
Manual Marion Burger was born May 7, 1883 in Cherokee County, N.C. and died May 25, 1976 on Polk county TN. He is buried in Community Baptist Cemetery, Turtletown, TN.
He married, first, Mary Magdeline Stuart, daughter of Hiram J. Stewart (not sure of which last name is correct) and Elizabeth J. McJunkins, Nov. 25, 1912. She was born MArch 29, 1886 in TN and died August 28, 1919 in Polk County, TN. She is buried in Liberty Cemetery in Cherokee County.
His second wife was Belvie Jones, daughter of Alfred H. "Alf" Jones, born May 1895 in Fannon County, GA. Her mother was Lydia Pack. They married December 11, 1919 in Polk county, TN and she died in 1975 and is buried in Turtletown, TN with Manual.
Their children are:
1. Wayne (married Lorene Dale; children are Junior, June, Kenneth, Ray, Alice, Anthony, Bill, Bobby and Carol. Wayne resides in Benton, TN.)
3. Ralph born Feb 26, 1925 in Polk County, TN and resided in Copperhill, TN. He married Ethie D. "Tiny" Dillard.
4. James (Married Sara Mae McGee, their children were Jeffrey Lynn and DeEtta)
5. Homer (never married)
6. Mary Ellen (married Elmer Hughes. children are Melodie and Bill. Resides in Benton, TN.)
I have more on the Burger, Jones, and Packs. Most of this information was from a book called Countless Cousins by Viola Holden Jones. Let me know what else I can help you with.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|