I'd love to, but I don't have a copy of it - only references to it. That I can give as follows: (Taken from"In Search of the Strode Orphans" p. 138)
"The will of John Bryan as filed in Rowan Co.(NC)Will BookD, p. 1-2, and was probated on 5 Nov. 1800. Within this document he names his children from his marriage to Sarah (__?__) Bryan. These children include:
1. Samuel Bryan, b. c1755, Rowan Co., NC, d 1832; m Margaret Steel
2. James Bryan
3. John Bryan (Jr.), d 1780; m 21 Aug 1774 (the date of the marriage bond), Rebecca Ortan. In the document "Letters of Ad'm on the Estate of John Bryan dec'd issued to Rebecca Bryan and John Bryan Sen'r who gave David Caldwell and John Orton Securities in 200 Pound Specie and were qualified" of 9 Nov 1785. the Rowan Co (NC) Court ordered "the orphan children (Sarah, Jane, and John) of John Bryan to be brought to the next court and bound out agreeable to Act of Assembly."
4. Jane Bryan; m John Ortan
5. Jannett Bryan; m Joseph Ortan
6. Elizabeth Bryan; m __?__ David
7. Sarah Bryan; m __?__Allen
8. Mary Bryan; m __?__Huey
9. Margere Bryan; m __?__ Allen
This is all I have on the will.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|