Information that I have is that Solomon (father of Joseph Brewer) was born in 1794 in North Carolina. He married Betsy (Elizabeth) Moots at Chilicothe, Ohio, Ross County on May 7, 1813 by Justice of Peace John Greave, Court of Common Pleas of Ross County. This was witnessed by Solomon's father, Willis, and Betsy's father. In the 1820 census of Ohio shows Solomon, Enoch, Willis and a Jess Brewer all living next to each other in Jackson County. In 1816, Jackson County was made from part of Ross County. Solomon was in Jackson County, Jackson TWP.; Enoch was in Jackson County, Harrison TWP.; Jess was in Jackson County, Franklin TWP.; and Willis was in Jackson County, Harrison TWP.
Enoch was born in 1789 in North Carolina and married Susannah James on February 1, 1816 in Pike County which is next to Ross County.
Jess Brewer married Rachel Wells on May 9, 1816 in Pike County.
Willis Brewer, II was born in 1798 in Randolph County, North Carolina and married Catherine Huffman on June 16, 1824 in Jackson County, Ohio.
All three Brewer families, Solomon, Enoch and Willis, were all living in Jefferson TWP, Ross County, Ohio between 1830 to 1835.
Solomon and his family later moved to Peoria, Illinois. Jess may have moved along with them as he was not found in the Ohio census after 1820. In 1848, Solomon and his family are living in Chillicothe, Peoria County, Illinois. In 1850 census Solomon is listed as a miner, age 56. It is believed that Solomon died between 1850 and 1856 as there is no record of him after the 1850 census. Elizabeth is shown living in Poweshiek County, Iowa in 1856 as a widow.
Marriages of some of Solomon's children:
1. Emza Brewer married Charles Wheeler on April 8, 1852 in Peoria.
2. John Brewer married Mary White on February 18, 1849 in Peoria.
3. Elsy Brewer married Stephen L. White on April 26, 1849 in Peoria.
4. George Brewer married Elizabeth Kenyon on April 27, 1848 in Peoria.
5. Rachel Brewer married John Hester on June 1, 1848 in Peoria.
6. Joseph Brewer married Trephania Chamberlain on June 15, 1848.
Solomon is noted to be the second settler In Marshall County, Illinois before moving to Peoria.
Children of Solomon Brewer and Betsy (Moots) Brewer:
1. George Brewer born about 1816 in Ohio.
2. Ehis? Brewer born 1821 in Ohio.
3. Amy Brewer born 1822 in Ohio (twin to Julia??).
4. Julia Brewer born 1822 in Ohio (twin to Amy??).
5. Emma Brewer born 1824 in Ohio. She was both deaf and mute. (Don't confuse with daughter of Joseph Brewer (Emma Brewer Wilcox born in 1862.)
6. Jas?? Brewer born in 1825.
7. Joseph Brewer born in 1828 in Jackson County, Ohio.
8. Emza Brewer born 1835, Illinois.
9. Isaac Brewer born 1837, Illinois.
10. Jane Brewer born 1841, Illinois.
11. Sarah Brewer born 1840, Illinois.
12. John date unknown.
13. Elice?? date unknown.
14. Rachel date unknown.
I have much more information if anyone is interested.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|