Im looking for any information on the Family of Jeptha V. Bickerstaff and Sarah Ann Spain
Jeptha V. Bickerstaff (b) abt 1821 (d) 26 Sep 1895 buried Lower Hackleburg Cemetery, Marion County, Alabama, married
Sarah Ann Spain (b) Jan 1829 Henderson Co., TN she was the daughter of Samuel Spain and Rebecca Lumley (* I am incline to believe (*without any documented proof) that Rebecca was actually a Langley)
Sarah's parents moved from Tippah County, MS, as they were given certificate for land in Winston County, AL in 1858 that they had applied for in 1853. I believe they may have lived in Marion Co., Al before moving to Winston Co., AL for a brief period of time, as Sarah's brother, Storex/Stoax Spain married Eliza Hopper in 1855. (Marriage Record submitted with Pension Records)
In 1850, Jeptha (JV) and Sarah was enumerated in Tippah Co., MS with one son, Benjamin Bickerstaff. 1860 I cant find them, but in 1870 Marion Co., AL, what I believe is the family unit, Listed as John and Mary Bickerstaff. I have no idea why they are listed his way unless someone in the neighborhood was giving the information.
With information I have put together on this family this is the best information I can give you on the Children of Jeptha and Sarah
(1) Benjamin Bickerstaff (b) abt 1849 (m) abt 1868 to Ann ?
(2) Henry W. Bickerstaff (b) abt 1852
(3) Samuel Bickerstaff (b) abt 1854
(4) Frances Bickertaff (b) abt 1855
(5) Elizabeth Bickerstaff (b) abt 1857
(6) Iduma Bickerstaff (b) Jan 1860 (m) John K. Hall
(7) John Wesley Bickerstaff (b) 29 Mar 1863 (m) 20 Sep 1893 Nancy Frederick (d) 25 Jan 1918 buried Lower Hackleburg Cemetery, Marion County, Alabama
(8) L.B. (Lincoln/Lewis) Bickerstaff (b) abt 1867 (m) 8 Jun 1890 Mary Clark
(9) Isabella Bickerstaff (b) abt 1869
(10) Idella Bickerstaff (b) abt 1871
(11) Norah Bickerstaff (b) abt 1873 (m) 27 Nov 1892 Crocket Gray
(12) Anderson R. Bickerstaff (b) 17 Sep 1873 (d) 22 Sep 1877 buried Lower Hackleburg Cemetery, Marion County, Alabama
In 1900 Marion Co., Al Sarah was living in the household of her daughter Iduma Bickerstaff Hall as 71 years old, widowed with 12 children and 10 living.
Any corrections or additions are welcome, please contact me at
3144 Una Street
Birmingam, Al. 35214
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|