I am not related, just sharing.
You can read the book online.
THERE IS NO FEE FOR THIS SERVICE!
.....If you are a member in good standing of any library allowing on-line access to Heritage Quest, use your library card. In your browser's address bar type in www.(name of your library).com. In most library homesites there will be a clickable usually labelled "Online Databases OR Databases"
Next, find and click on: "Heritage Quest Online (remote access from home).."
Click on the link: usually, "Click Here to Enter Heritage Quest...." Type in your library barcode in the box provided. The form is a 14 digit or number series, e.g., "1rdcpl000000000".
One only has to call their local library for the Password.
HQ will present you with 5 search links to Census, Books, PERSI, Revolutionary War, and Freedman's Bank. Choose the one you want to search.
NOTE on Censuses: All available Census images are on-line, but not all are indexed. 1880, for example, is only partially indexed, but you can still view the images by switching to browse mode. Hint: You can search a transcription of the 1880 Census through the website: www.familysearch.org. Once you determine the page numbers use this HeritageQuest site to browse the actual images.
Complete U.S. Federal Census, 1790-1930. The page images and corresponding indexes for the entire census, 1790-1930 are included in HeritageQuest Online.
NOTE on Books: Many, Many of the traditional county histories (Goodspeed, etc.) are included in this data base. Searching for them is a bit different. Keep trying. Limited downloads are possible.
NOTE on PERSI: PERSI is an index to genealogical periodicals. The periodicals themselves are not online. They must be viewed at the Allen County Library (Ft. Wayne, IN) or a few other libraries. PERSI™ - The PERiodical Source Index is a comprehensive subject
index covering more than 6,500 genealogy and local history periodicals written in English and French (Canada) since 1800.
NOTE on Revolutionary War: This data base includes service and pension records of Revolutionary War veterans and their widows.
Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Application Files.
This HeritageQuest collection details records of 80,000+ individuals who served in the Revolutionary War and contains both genealogical and historical information. Each veteran's file usually contains six or more
pages on each veteran and normally includes the veteran's former rank, unit, and period of service, age or date of birth, residence, and sometimes-genealogical information on other family members.
NOTE on Freedman's Bank: This bank was founded to serve the black community after the Civil War.
The Weiser family : a genealogy of the family of John Conrad Weiser, the elder (d. 1746) : prepared on the two hundred fiftieth anniversary of his arrival in America, 1710-1760
Manheim, Pa.: John Conrad Weiser Family Association, 1960, 905 pgs.
Maria Barbara Weiser (daughter of John Conrad and Barbara (Beyer) Weiser) was born July 21, 1784, near Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania, and died in 1828 in Penns Township, near Selinsgrove, now Snyder County, Pennsylvania. She married first, George Holstein (February 1, `766-March 26, 1811, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania), and second John Frederick Bergstresser (son of Philip and Helena (Heller) Bergstresser) (December 22, 1785, Hamilton Township, Monroe County, Pennsylvania - 1834, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania.) He was a farmer and cooper. Holstein's will was written March 25, 1811, and probated April 16. He names his wife and indicates he had minor children. Bergstresser appeared before the Orphans' Court of Union County on September 1828, stating that his wife had recently died and naming his two children as her survivors. Following Bergstresser's death, Peter Wareheim petitioned the Orphans' Court to settle the estate of Mary Holstein Bergstresser and named as her survivors her six children. Property she held on the Isle of Que was accordingly disposed of.
Children of George and Maria Barbara (Weiser) Holstein:
Mary Holstein m. Peter Wareheim
Elizabeth Holstein, September 7, 1808
Augustus Holstein (1810 - August 1873, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, bu. there. unm. Identified as a lunatic in records).
Children of John Frederick and Maria Barbara (Weiser Holstein)Bergstressr:
Harriet Bergstresser, May 11, 1817
Daniel Bergstresser, November 19, 1823 (9)
George Holstein, m. Elizabeth V. Black. Lived in Lewisburg, Pa. After his death she moved to Winona, Minnesota. Mary E. Holstein, unm. Winona, Minnesota
Isabella W. Holstein, m. Thomas Simpson. Winona, Minnesota (10)
Mary Holstein, m. Peter Wareheim (d. May 1839). Merchant, Selinsgrove, Pa.
Jane Wareheim, m. Jan. 1, 1850, Chesselden Fisher.
(9) See: WayneV. Jones, Philip Bergstresser and His Son Fred Bergstresser and His Descendants, MSS, JCWFA colleciton; Orphans' Court docket, Union County, Pennsylvania, No. 2, p. 363; No. 3, p. 170.
(10) Union County, Pa., deeds, T-217; CC-354
Name: Johan Frederick Bergstresser
Birth: 22 DEC 1785 in Northampton Co., Pennsylvania
Death: BET OCT AND NOV 1834
Father: John Philip Bergstresser b: 31 OCT 1749 in Bucks Co, Pennsylvania
Mother: Helen "Lena" Heller
Marriage 1 Maria Barbara (Weiser) Holstein
Ahnentafel, Generation No. 1
1. Johan Frederick Bergstresser was born 22 DEC 1785 in Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, and died BET OCT AND NOV 1834. He was the son of 2. John Philip Bergstresser and 3. Helen "Lena" Heller. He married Maria Barbara (Weiser) Holstein.
Ahnentafel, Generation No. 2
2. John Philip Bergstresser was born 31 OCT 1749 in Bucks Co, Pennsylvania, and died 18 OCT 1814 in Union Co. Pennsylvania. He was the son of 4. Johann Georg Bergstrasser and 5. Veronica Unknown.
3. Helen "Lena" Heller. She was buried 1 JUN 1807 in Northumberland Co., Pennsylvania.
Children of Helen "Lena" Heller and John Philip Bergstresser are:
i. John Bergstresser was born 7 JUL 1775 in Saucon, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, and died 27 MAR 1833 in Berrysburg, Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania. He married Phoebe Wilkinson 26 SEP 1797. He married Ann (Auchmuty) Colchen 20 JUN 1815 in Northumberland, PA.
ii. Anna Maria Bergstresser was born BET 1775 AND 1780. She married Daniel Womer.
iii. Magdalene Bergstresser was born BET 1780 AND 1784. She married Henry Garman.
iv. Anna Catharina Bergstresser was born 29 DEC 1782 in Northampton Co., Pennsylvania.
v. John George Bergstresser was born 24 JUN 1784 in Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, and died 3 MAY 1856 in Selinsgrove, Snyder Co., Pennsylvania. He married Elizabeth Feehrer.
1. vi. Johan Frederick Bergstresser was born 22 DEC 1785 in Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, and died BET OCT AND NOV 1834. He married Maria Barbara (Weiser) Holstein.
vii. Peter Bergstresser was born 15 FEB 1788 in Hamilton, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, and died 10 MAY 1863 in Pekin, Tazewell Co., Illinois. He married Elizabeth Ulrich 8 OCT 1815 in Selinsgrove, Union Co., Pennsylvania.
viii. Ludwig (Lewis) Bergstresser was born 15 APR 1790 in Hamilton, Northampton Co., Pennsylvania, and died 13 APR 1845 in Waterfall, Fulton Co., Pennsylvania. He married Catherine "Kate" Snyder.
ix. Philip Bergstresser was born ABT 1798 in Pennsylvania, and died BEF 8 JUN 1857 in ?Lythopolis, Fairfield Co., Ohio. He married Eliza Myers 13 APR 1824. She was born ABT 1796 in Virginia.
Ahnentafel, Generation No. 3
4. Johann Georg Bergstrasser was born 15 DEC 1717 in Malchen, Mecklenburg, Germany, and died 12 JUL 1771 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He was the son of 8. Johan Georg Bergstrasser and 9. Anna Margaretha Loos.
5. Veronica Unknown died ABT 1766 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Children of Veronica Unknown and Johann Georg Bergstrasser are:
i. Valentine Bergstresser was born ABT SEP 1737 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and died BEF 13 SEP 1780 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He married Elizabeth Negley ABT 1763 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She was born in Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany, and died AFT 1784.
ii. Veronica Bergstresser was born 20 JUN 1740 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and died 17 NOV 1792 in Northampton County, Pennsylvania. She married John Jacob Roth 1769.
iii. Anna Maria Bergstresser was born 20 JUN 1741 in Bucks Co, Pennsylvania, and died JUN 1829 in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. She married Alexander Negley 1762 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
iv. John Jacob Bergstresser was born ABT MAY 1742 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and died BEF 28 NOV 1829 in Perry County, Pennsylvania. He married Anna Rosina in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She was born 11 JUN 1746 in Prob. Bucks County, Pennsylvaania, and died 26 SEP 1845 in Perry County, Pennsylvania.
v. John Bergstresser was born 22 JAN 1746/47 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and died 18 MAR 1812 in Tinicum Twp, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He married Anna Eva Ruth 25 APR 1774. She was born 16 DEC 1755, and died 21 OCT 1837.
2. vi. John Philip Bergstresser was born 31 OCT 1749 in Bucks Co, Pennsylvania, and died 18 OCT 1814 in Union Co. Pennsylvania. He married Helen "Lena" Heller BET 1773 AND 1774 in Northampton Co., Pennsylvania.
Ahnentafel, Generation No. 4
8. Johan Georg Bergstrasser was born 21 APR 1684 in Malchen, Germany, and died 17 MAR 1722/23 in Malchen, Germany. He was the son of 16. Johann Peter Bergstrasser and 17. Anna Christina Neu.
9. Anna Margaretha Loos was born 9 SEP 1693 in Seehein, Hessen, Germany.
Children of Anna Margaretha Loos and Johan Georg Bergstrasser are:
i. Anna Margaretha Bergstrasser was born 15 MAY 1714.
4. ii. Johann Georg Bergstrasser was born 15 DEC 1717 in Malchen, Mecklenburg, Germany, and died 12 JUL 1771 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He married Veronica Unknown ABT 1736 in Rockhill Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She died ABT 1766 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He married Elizabeth Heany or Hoenig ABT 1766. She died 1811 in Bedford County, Pennsylvania.
iii. Johannes Bergstrasser was born 14 SEP 1719.
iv. Johann Philipp Bergstrasser was born 25 OCT 1723.
Ahnentafel, Generation No. 5
16. Johann Peter Bergstrasser was born 12 JAN 1643/44 in Malchen, Germany, and died 7 JUN 1713 in Malchen, Germany.
17. Anna Christina Neu was born 1656 in South of Seeheim, Germany, and died 4 AUG 1709 in Malchen, Germany.
Children of Anna Christina Neu and Johann Peter Bergstrasser are:
8. i. Johan Georg Bergstrasser was born 21 APR 1684 in Malchen, Germany, and died 17 MAR 1722/23 in Malchen, Germany. He married Anna Margaretha Loos 15 JUN 1713 in Nieder-Beerbach Germany. She was born 9 SEP 1693 in Seehein, Hessen, Germany.
ii. Johann Adam Bergstrasser was born 29 MAY 1691.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|