ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
William Bennett was born @1827. He married Mary A. Williams on August 11, 1852 (have record) in Franklin County, TN. William was buried in an unmarked grave on the family farm in 1896 Manchester, TN - Coffee County. Mary Williams was born in @1824. William served in the Confederate Army for the State of Tennessee during the American Civil War.
Family story is that he recieved his lands in TN from a grant of some kind. Could it have been a CHEROKEE INDIAN LAND GRANT??
That is about all we know of these two!
William Bennett can be found living in Coffee County, TN in 1880.
Mary and William Bennett had the following children:
1. Thomas Pinckney"Pink" Bennett - born August 12, 1855. Married Minerva Bryant in Franklin County, TN on August 14, 1874.
2. Hiram "Hite" Bennett - born October 21, 1856. Removed to Texas before 1897.
3. Robert "Bob" Silas Bennett - born September 26, 1858.
4. Jemina Bennett - born March 11, 1860.
5. William "Bill" Bennett - born March 19, 1861. Married Mary Ann (Molly) Lovell. Died November 29, 1911. Buried in Hillsboro Methodist Church Cemetery - Franklin County, TN.
6. Millie Ann Bennett - born June 1, 1864. Married Thomas Duncan.
7. Nancy Jane Bennett - born May 2, 1866. Married Frank Hunt.
8. Drucilla "Cillar" Bennett - born July 29, 1868. Married R.H. Riddle.
9. M.C. (Mallie) Bennett - born August 8, 1870. Married S.W. Waggoner.
10. Walter H. Bennett - born July 15, 1872. Died April 10, 1941. Married Nora Elizabeth Lovell.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|