1850 Macoupin Co., IL, census, p.305, 3/3: Reese Bayles 44, Farmer 1500, b. TN; Matilda 40, b. KY; George 6, b.?; William 3, b.?; Amelia 73, b. VA; O.G. Smith 20, Laborer, b. OH
Don’t have a son “Daniel” for George and Amelia.
1880 Ervin, Unicoi Co., TN, p.97B
Elijah BAYLESS Self S Male W 56 TN Farmer TN TN
Mary J. TILSON Niece S Female W 20 TN Keeping House TN TN
Nancy C. TILSON Niece S Female W 12 TN At Home TN TN
Generation No. 1
1. NATHAN7 BAYLESS (NATHAN6 BAYLES, DANIEL5, DANIEL4, DANIEL3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born Abt. 1800 in PA, and died Abt. 1851 in KY. He married HANNAH. She was born Abt. 1800 in NY, and died Aft. 1850.
Notes for NATHAN BAYLESS:
1850 Dist. 1, Bourbon Co., KY, p. 308B
634/641 Nathan Bayless 50 PA Farmer 28,000
Hannah 50 NY
Mary C. 19 KY
Nathan 18 KY
Etienne 12 KY (Male)
Children of NATHAN BAYLESS and HANNAH are:
i. MARY C.8 BAYLESS, b. Abt. 1831; m. JOHN S. GRIMES, Feb 1842.
Notes for MARY C. BAYLESS:
There seems to be an error regarding Mary Bayless. It seems unlikely that a child of 11 would have married therefore, the marriage information may not apply to this Mary Bayless or the census information may be erroneous.
2. ii. NATHAN BAYLESS, JR., b. 10 May 1832; d. Bef. 04 Mar 1869, Bourbon Co., KY.
iii. ETIENNE BAYLESS, b. Abt. 1838.
iv. NANCY C. BAYLESS, b. Unknown; m. SOCRATES BOWLES, 18 Nov 1857.
v. PHEBE BAYLESS, b. Unknown; m. JOHN HARTSELL.
Generation No. 2
2. NATHAN8 BAYLESS, JR. (NATHAN7, NATHAN6 BAYLES, DANIEL5, DANIEL4, DANIEL3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 10 May 1832, and died Bef. 04 Mar 1869 in Bourbon Co., KY. He married REBECCA ROSEBERRY 22 Jul 1852, daughter of MARY ROSEBERRY. She was born Aug 1831 in KY (Source: 1900 Bourbon Co., KY, Census.), and died Aft. 1900.
Child of NATHAN BAYLESS and REBECCA ROSEBERRY is:
3. i. NATHAN9 BAYLESS, b. Jan 1856; d. Aft. 1900.
Generation No. 3
3. NATHAN9 BAYLESS (NATHAN8, NATHAN7, NATHAN6 BAYLES, DANIEL5, DANIEL4, DANIEL3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born Jan 1856 (Source: 1900 Bourbon Co., KY, Census.), and died Aft. 1900. He married CARRIE M. BEAFORD 09 Jan 1884. She was born Jun 1860 (Source: 1900 Bourbon Co., KY, Census.), and died Aft. 1900.
Notes for NATHAN BAYLESS:
1880 Paris, Bourbon Co., KY, ED17, p.37A
125/138 Hughes, J. M. 53 Cicuit Court Clerk KY KY KY
Rebecca A. 48 Wife Keeping House KY VA MD
Jessie 10 Dau At School KY KY KY
Bayless, Nathan 24 S-Son Grocer KY KY KY
Roseberry, Mary 82 M-I-L Widow MD MD MD
Whaley, Spencer? (WF) 24 Servant KY KY KY
Whaley, Georg 29 Boarder Laborer KY KY KY
1900 Bourbon Co., KY
104/111 Hughes, James Head Apr 1825 75 M31 KY KY MD Bank President
Rebecca Wife Aug 1831 68 M31 4/2 KY VA MD
Bayless, Nathan S-Son Jan 1856 44 KY KY KY Salesman W-less(?)
Carrie B. S-Dau Law Jun 1860 39 M16 1/1 KY KY KY
Elizabeth E. G-Dau Law Dec 1889 11 KY KY KY In School
Child of NATHAN BAYLESS and CARRIE BEAFORD is:
i. ELIZABETH E.10 BAYLESS, b. Dec 1889 (Source: 1900 Bourbon Co., KY, Census.).
Mary Harris Bayless was buried in 1843 at the old City Cemetery in Madisonville, Monroe Co., TN. The inscription on her stone reads, "In memory of Consort of Col. Samuel Bayless".
Samuel married, 2nd, Mary Romack, a widow:
The 1850 Ouchita Co., AR, census for Missouri TWP, p.68, shows the family of Samuel Bayless 67, Farmer, b.TN. In this household (17/17) are Mary Bayless 38 and the following children all surnamed Romack: Jane 17, Joseph 16, Eliza 14, William 12, James P. 10, John H. 6 and George W. 4. Apparently Samuel adopted these children and gave them his name sometime after 1850. Samuel, Mary and all of the Romack children were born in TN according to this census record.
1880 Jefferson TWP, Ouchita Co., AR, ED225, p.84C
6/6 Bayless, Mary 67 Keeping TN TN TN
Mary H. 32 Dau. Keeping House TN TN TN
8/8 Bayless, George W. 33 Farming TN TN TN
Elvie 18 Wife Keeping House AR AL AL
Also see "The Bayless Family in Tennessee" by George A. Saul.
Hiram Bayless died unmarried while on his way to the gold fields in California. That staement may be incorrect. A man named Hiram Bayless, b.TN, was living in Cooper Co., MO, in 1850: 23rd Dist., p.98, Hiram Bayless 44, b.TN; Mary Bayless 40, b.TN; Henrietta Manes 9, b.TN. It is possible that this Hiram Bayless was the young man who went to or was going to the gold fields. His wife was possibly previously married to a man named Manes.
I have too much on the family of William to place here. See also the new col. By C. W. Hicks of Monroe Co., TN. I submitted that info to the Monroe Co. GenWeb site.
I have the following:
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM MADISON8 BAYLESS (BYRD DEADERICK7, DANIEL L.6, SAMUEL5 BAYLES, DANIEL4, DANIEL3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born 24 Apr 1846, and died 05 Jan 1926. He married MELCENA DOVE 24 Dec 1874. She was born Abt. 1850.
Notes for WILLIAM MADISON BAYLESS:
1880 Dist.6, Washington Co., TN, p.440
Wm. M. BAYLESS Self M Male W 34 TN Farmer TN TN
Melcena C. BAYLESS Wife M Female W 30 VA Keeping House VA VA
Eliza E. BAYLESS Dau S Female W 4 TN TN VA
Belle BENIA Other S Female W 14 SC Keeps House SC SC
Child of WILLIAM BAYLESS and MELCENA DOVE is:
i. ELBERT L.9 BAYLESS, b. Sep 1882, Washington Co., TN.
See my NEW BAYLESS site:
Look for my Story Pages at Footnote.com, some are linked on the above site.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|