1. LUCINDA5 EARLY (NATHAN4, WILLIAM S.3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1805 in Tennessee, and died in Clinton County, Illinois. She married (1) WILLIAM H. LOOMIS July 21, 1825 in Illinois. He was born Abt. 1805, and died Bef. 1833. She married (2) COVINGTON ALLEN December 16, 1833 in Montgomery County, Illinois. He was born Bet. 1797 - 1801 in Tennessee or Virginia.
More About LUCINDA EARLY:
Census: 1850, Clinton County, Illinois, ED 68, shows Loomis children with Lucinda and Covington Allen
More About WILLIAM H. LOOMIS:
Census: 1825, West Fork Township, Montgomery County, Illinois, State Census
Notes for COVINGTON ALLEN:
Another marriage??? to Charity Cruthis July 21, 1833, also in Montgomery County, Illinois
1860 Census. Also living with them: Mary Moore b. abt 1835, Josephine Gasfield 25 and Nelly Gasfield 5. All born Illinois. Covington 58, Lucinda 51 or 57
Next door is Thomas Allen 25, wife Mary 21, daughter Ellen age 1, all born Illinois
Don't know if the 3 children listed as Covington's are from his first marriage or from Lucinda's.
More About COVINGTON ALLEN:
Census: 1860, Clinton County, Illinois, Carlyle PO, page 735, image 105
Residence: Abt. 1855, Huey, Clinton, Illinois
Children of LUCINDA EARLY and WILLIAM LOOMIS are:
i. MARY ANN6 LOOMIS, b. Abt. 1828.
ii. JOHN LOOMIS, b. 1831; d. Bet. 1877 - 1902, Clinton County, Illinois.
Notes for JOHN LOOMIS:
Death Records 157-2012
2. iii. MERCY MORTON LOOMIS, b. January 22, 1831, Quincy, Illinois; d. September 05, 1879, Huey, Clinton, Illinois.
Children of LUCINDA EARLY and COVINGTON ALLEN are:
3. iv. THOMAS6 ALLEN, b. Abt. 1834, Illinois.
v. EDWARD ALLEN, b. Abt. 1837.
vi. HIRAM ALLEN, b. Abt. 1839.
4. vii. WILLIAM HENRY ALLEN, b. December 22, 1847, Gundlach farm near Carlyle, Clinton, Illinois; d. May 1913, Clinton County, Illinois.
Generation No. 2
2. MERCY MORTON6 LOOMIS (LUCINDA5 EARLY, NATHAN4, WILLIAM S.3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born January 22, 1831 in Quincy, Illinois, and died September 05, 1879 in Huey, Clinton, Illinois. She married GIBSON ESSINGTON August 19, 1852 in Clinton County, Illinois. He was born August 20, 1831 in Montgomery County, Illinois, and died September 1901 in Huey, Clinton, Illinois.
More About GIBSON ESSINGTON:
Burial: Matzler Cemetery
Military service: 117th Illinois Infantry, USA
Child of MERCY LOOMIS and GIBSON ESSINGTON is:
5. i. ELIZABETH ELMIRA7 ESSINGTON, b. November 10, 1861, Hillsboro, Montgomery, Illinois; d. December 14, 1943.
3. THOMAS6 ALLEN (LUCINDA5 EARLY, NATHAN4, WILLIAM S.3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1834 in Illinois. He married MARY UNKNOWN. She was born in Illinois.
Child of THOMAS ALLEN and MARY UNKNOWN is:
i. ELLEN7 ALLEN, b. Abt. 1855, Illinois.
4. WILLIAM HENRY6 ALLEN (LUCINDA5 EARLY, NATHAN4, WILLIAM S.3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born December 22, 1847 in Gundlach farm near Carlyle, Clinton, Illinois, and died May 1913 in Clinton County, Illinois. He married TALITHA CUMIE HUEY May 22, 1872, daughter of JAMES HUEY and FRONICA MYER. She was born February 22, 1856 in Near Huey, Illinois, and died July 06, 1933 in Beckemeyer, Illinois.
Notes for WILLIAM HENRY ALLEN:
The death of William H. Allen, aged 65 years, 4 most, 20 days, occurred at his home in the west part of this city after a lingering sickness and paralysis. The funeral took place from the Baptist church in this city Wed. morning and the remains were interred in city cemetery north of here. William Henry Allen was born on the old GUNDLACH farm near Carlyle on Dec., 22,1847. From there he moved to Huey, Ill. with his parents, Covington Allen and Lucinda EARLY, when he was a small boy. When 25 years old he was united in marriage with Talitha, (Ida Mae) HUEY of Huey, Ill, May 22,1872. To the union were born 10 children, of five with their mother are living to mourn his death. He leaves five grandchildren and other relatives. Mr. Allen, at the time of his death, was assessor of Carlyle Township which office he held for 21 years. He was elected in the spring of 1892 and has held the office since then. Several years ago he was stricken with paralysis and has been in ill health since then. May 1913
More About WILLIAM HENRY ALLEN:
Cause of Death: paralysis of 5 years' duration
Occupation: County Assessor, Clinton, Illinois
Notes for TALITHA CUMIE HUEY:
Mrs. William Allen Laid to rest in Carlyle Cemetery.
Funeral services for Mrs. Ida May ALLEN, widow of William Henry Allen, were Saturday afternoon at 1 o'clock at the Carlyle M. E. Church services in charge of Rev. J. N. PRESLEY, pastor of the church. Internment was in the Carlyle Cemetery. Talitha Cumie HUEY, better known as Ida May, was born on a farm near Huey, Feb. 22,1856. She passed away July 6,1933 at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Fred FREY in Beckemeyer, Ill. at the age of 77 years, 4 months and 14 days. She was the daughter of James Mulky and Fannie (Fronica MYER) HUEY and was proceeded in death by brothers and sisters, James and Fronica, Mrs. Steven WHITE.
In May 1872 , she was united in marriage with William Henry Allen, who resided in Carlyle for many years and served as assessor for many years.
When the suspension bridge was a toll bridge, Mr. Allen had charge of collecting the tolls . He passed away in 1913. To the couple were born nine
children. James, Nora, Thomas, Fannie, Frank, Cora, William, Ida, and Myrtle of whom only two, Thomas of Keyesport and Myrtle Frey of Beckemeyer, are still living. Mrs. Allen united with the Baptist Church in girlhood and renewed her covenant with her Savior last December. From that time she had rejoiced in being ready to meet her Master when he called her home. She was an affectionate mother and kind neighbor. Even in suffering, she was kind and patient. Besides her son and daughter Mrs. Allen leaves to mourn her passing 13 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. Two grandchildren passed away in infancy.
More About TALITHA CUMIE HUEY:
Burial: Carlyle Cemetery, Clinton, illinois
Residence: Funeral at Methodist Episcopal Church
Children of WILLIAM ALLEN and TALITHA HUEY are:
i. JAMES7 ALLEN, d. Bef. 1933.
ii. THOMAS ALLEN, d. Aft. 1933.
More About THOMAS ALLEN:
Residence: 1933, Keyesport
iii. FANNIE L. ALLEN, b. Abt. 1883; d. Bef. 1933; m. FRED MEIER, October 20, 1909, Clinton County, Illinois.
iv. FRANK E. ALLEN, b. May 11, 1886; d. Bef. 1933.
v. CORA ALLEN, d. Bef. 1933; m. H. BROWN, April 20, 1892, Clinton County, Illinois.
vi. WILLIAM ALLEN, d. Bef. 1933.
vii. IDA ALLEN, d. Bef. 1933.
viii. MYRTLE ALLEN, m. FRED FREY.
More About MYRTLE ALLEN:
Residence: 1933, Beckemeyer, Illinois
ix. NORA L. ALLEN, b. 1890; d. Bef. 1933; m. (1) HUGH N. CRAMER, April 26, 1900, Clinton County, Illinois; b. 1890; m. (2) JOHN ADAM C. FREY, November 26, 1903.
More About HUGH CRAMER and NORA ALLEN:
Marriage 2: April 26, 1900.
Generation No. 3
5. ELIZABETH ELMIRA7 ESSINGTON (MERCY MORTON6 LOOMIS, LUCINDA5 EARLY, NATHAN4, WILLIAM S.3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born November 10, 1861 in Hillsboro, Montgomery, Illinois, and died December 14, 1943. She married WILLIAM HANKS BASTON. He was born June 03, 1852 in Kinmundy, Marion, Illinois, and died April 22, 1926 in Cawley, Wyoming.
Child of ELIZABETH ESSINGTON and WILLIAM BASTON is:
i. CHARLES ANDREW BASTON8 BASTON, b. January 26, 1894, Huey, Clinton, Illinois; d. September 1956, Worland, Wyoming; m. ZEE MERCER, February 17, 1914; b. January 05, 1897, Rome, Henry, Iowa; d. July 24, 1984, Tucson, Arizona.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|