I have been tracing my family tree in Barbados. A relative has given me a tree which goes back to a Samuel Greaves, who emigrates to Barbados from Shropshire around 1640. I am looking for any information that would help me to trace the tree further back, i.e. to find Samuel and his ancestors in the UK.
Here is the earliest bit of the Barbados family tree:
- Samuel Greaves is a landowner(?) in Shropshire, c. 1638.
- He emigrates to Barbados.
- By 1641 he is Rector of St Lucy, Barbados.
- He marries a Mary Bray on 18.11.1645.
- They have a son, also Samuel Greaves (dates and wife unknown).
- Samuel the younger has a son Joshua Greaves, born around 1676, dies 19.2.1750. Joshua has a wife Martha.
- Joshua and Martha (and possibly their parents/grandparents) live at The Hope, a plantation in St Lucy. The family are plantation owners there for several generations.
I would be very grateful for any UK leads on Samuel.
Thanks for reading!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|