I am seeking any help/information regarding James BANNISTER/BANISTER born about 1824 in Virginia.
The following is what I know:
• James married Laurilla Jane MORAN in Dearborn County, Indiana in 1850
• In 1860 his occupation is listed as “white worker” and as “laborer” in 1870
• He and Laurilla Jane had the following children: Richard, William, Laura, George Clark, Edward, Julia Anna, Howard, Lucinda
The following is what I suspect:
• He may have been in Fugit, Decatur, Indiana in 1850 age 25 listed as Mulatto living in the home of Josiah WILLIAMS age 47 a farmer from Virginia
• He may have had a brother by the name of Samuel who is listed in the same home mentioned above in 1850
• He died by 1880 as I have not located him and Laurilla had remarried to Willis Roberts
• He was from Virginia—based on census records
I am looking forward to learning about my Bannister/Banister line, and am stuck at James. So far, what I know about his children has only led me back to what is listed above. Any tips or suggestions on where to look for information will be greatly appreciated.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|