I'm in Adelaide and for 12 years I have been doing free research for people all over the world who want information about ancestors/family who came to South Australia in the 1800's.
I was in the South Australian State Library today, as I saw your request re the Greening family, and I decided to see what information I could find for you.
I am very aware that quite a few other people have sent information to you, but I get all my research from the actual records of arrivals, births, deaths and marriages.
The following is what I have managed to find:-
SUSANNAH HARKER BORN 1784 in Winchcombe Gloucestershire England
John George married Susanna Harker 5th November 1805 in Winchcombe, Gloucestershire.
ARRIVAL FROM OVERSEAS.
Charles Greening, aged 35 years, married, occupation, Farm Labourer ex Devon, and wife, Susanna aged 28 years and son William aged 9 years. and wife Susannah arrived in South Australia 1849 aboard the "Duke of Wellington".
The "Duke of Wellington" weighed 560 tons, and its Captain was R.M. Miller. The ship sailed from London via Plymouth 19th July 1849, and arrived in Port Adelaide 7th November 1849.
Also aboard was the Ship's Surgeon, Octavious Hammond
Aboard the ship was William,son of George & Susanna Greening.
William Greening married Ann Pierson in South Australia
CHILDREN BORN TO WILLIAM GREENING & ANN PIERSON
1. Alice Matha born 20th May 1879 in Koolunga District Clare reference book 220 page 280
2. Annie Sussanah born 5th August 1875 Koolunga District Clare reference book 155 page 95
3. Ava Edith born 23rd May 1869 in Light, District Gilbert
4. Beatrice Elizabeth born 23rd October 1867 in near Stockport, District Gilbert
5. Cecillia Martha Mary born 21st May 1880 at Koolunga District Clare reference book 241 page 47
6. Clara Irna Ester Jane born 28th October 1884 at Hamley Bridge District Gilbert reference book 339 page 83
7. Herbert William George born 1st August 1877 in Koolunga District Clare reference book 339 page 83
8. Julian John James born 25th March 1871 in Light, District Gilbert reference book 95 page 251
9. Norman Charles Josephas born 23rd September 1887 in Pinkerton Plains District Gilbert reference book 400 page 369.
10. Smith Henry Pierson born 2rd May 1873 in Stockport District Gilbert reference book 122 page 311 symbol 'M' denoting Smith Henry was one of a multiple birth
11. Sydney Lang Ferbank born 2nd May 1873 near Stockport District Gilbert reference book 122 page 311
Symbol 'M' denoting Sydney Lang Ferbank was one of a multiple birth.
12. Willie Augustine born 15th April 1882 near Hamley Bridge, District Gilbert reference book 281 page 253.
1. John Pratt aged 19 years, single, son of James Pratt married 9th October 1893 to Annie Susannah aged 18 years, single, daughter of William Greening at residence of James Pratt, Reeves Plains, District Port Germein reference book 177 page 104
CHILDREN BORN TO JOHN PRATT & ANNIE SUSANNAH GREENING
1. Leslie Roy born 2nd April 1894 in Reeves Plains District Port Germein reference book 540 page 180
2. Myrtle May born 29th April 1895 at Reeves Plains District Port Germein reference book 563 page 219
3. Pearl Victoria born 23rd July 1901 at Reeves Plains, District Port Germein reference book 680 page 83
4. Alwin James born 11th April 1912 in Reeves Plains District Port Germein reference book 885 page 260
5. Cora Jean born 8th September 1919 in Gawler, District Barossa reference book 43 page 368 symbol 'A' denoting (1)
The Registrar has made an amendment to information on this birth record and/or (2) The Registrar has included additional information on this birth record.
6. Freda Ann born 23rd February 1908 at Reeves Plains District Gilbert reference book 798 page 342
7. Greata Florence born 25th March 1914 in Reeves Plains, District Gilbert reference book 933 page 157
8. Harold John born 25th July 1917 in Gawler, District Barossa reference book 3 page 302 symbol "A"
9. Mavis Evelyn born 8th May 1910 in Reeves Plains, District Gilbert reference book 843 page 430
3. Joseph Bruce Stanley born 3rd May 1894 in Reeves Plain District Port Germein reference book 542 page 366
4. Leslie Ernest Edward born 16th December 1897 in Reeves Plains District Port Germein.reference book 614 page 287
Smith Henry Pierson aged 27 years, single, son of William Greening married 10th July 1900 to Gwenllyan Mary aged 22 years, single, daughter of Rees Powell at residence of Rees Powell, Kersbrook District Talunga reference book 204 page 71 symbol 'V' denoting The Registrar has found a variation in information on this marriage record. Often the variation is a spelling difference.
CHILDREN BORN TO SMITH HENRY PIERSON GREENING & GWENLLYAN MARY POWELL.
1. Claude Gilbert Howard born 12th September 1918 Chain of Ponds District Talunga reference book 26 page 242 symbol
'A' denoting (1) The Registar has made an amendment to information on this birth record and/or (2) The Registar has included additional information on this birth record.
2. Gweneth May Victoria born 26th February 1909 in Gawler, District Barossa reference book 816 page 341
3. Rees Henry Maxwell born 29th June 1907 in Kersbrook, District Talunga reference book 786 page 443 symbol 'M' denoting this child wss one of a multiple birth.
4.William Hamilton Smith born 29th June 1907 at Kersbrook District Talunga reference book 786 page 443 symbol 'M' denoting William was one of a multiple birth.
5. William Smith Reeves born 19th February 1911 at Kersbrook, District Talunga reference book 859 page 129
Norman Charles Josephus aged 23 years, single, son of William Greening married 17th April 1911 to Daisy May, single, aged 25 years, daughter of william Thomas Causby at Church of the Transfiguration, Gawler South, District Port Germein reference book 247 page 210
CHILDREN BORN TO NORMAN CHARLES JOSEPHUS GREENING & DAISY MAY CAUSBY
1. Alan Cobham born 21st February 1926 in Gawler, District Burra reference book 186 page 170 symbol 'A'
2. Alma May born 3rd November 1912 in Gawler South District Port Germein reference book 897 page 288
3.Delma Olive Edith born 10th December 1923 in Gawler South, District Port Germein reference book 127 page 87 Symbol 'A'
4. Dorothy Irene born 12th January 1916 in Gawler South, District Port Germein reference book 973 page 385
5. Norman Henry born 3rd March 1914 in Gawler South, District Port Germein reference book 932 page 121
6. Ross Keith born 31st March 1920 in Gawler South District Port Germein reference book 54 page 390 symbol 'A'
Willie Augutine aged 24 years, single, son of William Greening married 23rd May 1906 to Ellen Maude aged 23 years, single, daughter of Wiliam Stepenson at Christian Chapel, Kersbrook District Talunga reference book 227 page 1031, symbol 'S' denoting the Registrar has included supplementary information on this marriage record.
CHILDREN BORN TO WILLIE AUGISTINE GREENING & ELLEN MAUD STEPHENSON.
1. Gladys Muriel born 3rd August 1907 Fairleigh, District Highgate reference book 788 page 28
2. Herman Wilfred born 31st January 1910 in Fairleigh District Highate reference book 827 page 60
1. Reece Henry Maxwell aged 5 months and 2 weeks of Kersbrook died 22nd December 1907 at Gawler, son of Smith Henry Peirson Greening, District Barossa reference book 330 page 185 symbol 'M' denoting this child was onc of a multiple birth
2. William Hamilton Smith Greening aged 6 months of Kersbrook died 2nd Janury 1908 at Gawler, son of Russ Henry Maxwell Greening Disrict Barossa reference book 330 page 184 symbol 'M' denoting this child was one of a multiple birth.
3. Alice Martha aged 1 month of Koolunga died 19th June 1879 at Koolunga, daughter of William Greening District Clare reference book 96 page 194
4. Dorothy Irene aged 31 years, married, of Kensington died 17th March 1945 at Kensington District Adelaide, wife of William Smith Reese Greening reference book 686 pge 1256 symbol 'H' denoting Dorothy Irene died in a hospital.
5. Daisy May aged 84 yeas, married, of gawler South died 5th November 1968 at Adelaide, District Adelaide, wife of Norman Charles J. Greening reference book 59 page 8667 symbol 'A' denoting The Registar has included additional information on this death record and/or (2) The Registar has made an amdnement to information on this death record.
and reference symbol"H" denoting Daisy May died in a hsopital.
6. Gwenillyan Mary aged 91 years, widow of Chain of Ponds died 28th June 1969 at Gumeracha District Talunga, widow of Smith Henry Pierson Greening refrence book 70 symbol 'A'
and page 4414 symbol 'H' denoting Gwenillyan Mary died in a hospital.
7. Sydney Reginald aged 33 yeas, single, of Wool Bay died 21st January 1943 place of death not recorded, District Daly reference book 662 page 1637 symbol "C" denoting the Registrar has made a correction on the information in this death record.
8. Julian John James aged 75 years, married of Hamley Bridge died 29th January 1946 at Riverton District Daly reference book 697 page 713 symbol 'H'
9. Smith Henry Pierson aged 74 years, married, of Chain of Ponds died 21st Sepember 1947 at Adelaide, District Adelaide refrence book 717 page 4467 symbol 'H'
10. Willie Augustine, married, aged 74 yers of Paracombe died 30th January 1957 at Toorak Gardens, District Norwood referenc ebook 854 page 893 symbol 'H' denoting Willie Augutine died in a hospital.
I hope the above information if of some interest/help to you.
in a terribly hot
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|