I'm in Adelaide and for about 7 years now I have been doing free research for people requiring information from the records here about their ancestors who came to S.Aus. I was browsing the Forum & saw your request back in July 2000, so I decided to have a search when I was at the library yesterday. Following is what I found, although I suspect you may already have a lot of the information.
John Abernethy aged 24yrs, single, father's name not recorded married 26th July 1849 to Mary Stokes, aged 17yrs, single, father's name not recorded at Congregational Chapel, Adelaide Dis. Adelaide ref b12 p123
CHILDREN BORN TO JOHN ABERNETHY & MARY STOKES.
1. Agnes Kate 22/8/75 Port Augusta Dis. Frome ref b154 p368
2. Alexander 29/3/68 Port Augusta Dis. Adel b62 p43
3. Amelia Sophia 22/10/70 Pt. Augusta b88 p476 Dis. Adelaide
4. Ann 29/11/58 Lefevre Peninsula Dis. Adel ref b11 p463
5. Elizabeth 25/9/65 Port Augusta Dis. Adel. ref b38 p1
6. Emily 11/7/63 Wallaroo Dis. Adel. ref b27 p317 (mother's surname spelt Stocks)
7. Flora Ann 13/1/73 Port Augusta Dis. Adel ref b117 p63
8. George 8/8/51 Port Adelaide Dis. Adel. b7 p5
9. James 30/7/50 Pasyneham Dis. Adel. ref b3 p93
10. John 29/7/54 place of birth not recorded Dis. Adelaide ref b5 p11 (mother's surname reg. as Stockes)
11. Mary 28/4/52 place of birth not recorded ref b4 p11
12. William 1/3/61 Lefevre Peninsula Dis. Adelaide ref b20 p51 (mother's name as Stocks).
Usually when I send off this information, I also include any marriages to the children, children born to the married children and deaths. However, I was cutting things very short time wise in the library, and just ran out of time. If you would like me to have a look for that information I'd be happy to do it for you when I go again.Just get back to me and let me know.
Our birth records only go from 1842-1906, but the marriage records go from1 1842-1937, so I may be able to find something else for you.
Hope this is of some help.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|