Elizabeth Scammon dau. of John Scammon who was the son of Richard the emigrant. John Scammon was probably born in England, lived in Kittery Maine and later may have returned to Barbados. The name of Johns wife is unknown. Some historians have felt that he was the father of Humphrey, since they both lived in Kittery, but family tradition maintains that they were brothers. John had one known child Elizabeth.
Elizabeth md. Thomas Atkins who died prior to 10 November 1686. They lived in the Province of Maine, near the Kennebec River.
The following was written upon his death:
"Whereas Thomas Atkins, formerly of Kenebeek, husbandman 60 years since bot of the Indians, a large tract of land in ye Province of Maine in New England lying between the river of Saguddhock, or Kenebeek and Casco Bay and did build upon, improve and possess the same tell driven thence by ye Indian Warr and did, when ye warr was over, return to his land and dy there, intestate leaving behind him no son but tenn daughters."
!. Elizabeth Atkins. b. abt.1645: lived in Kennebec abt. 12 years until she md.: was widow Davis of Beverly, Mass.,1709-16
2. Mary Atkins. md. by 1666, William Hackett of Exeter, N.H 3 ch.
3. Rebecca Atkins. md. a Hall & was living, in 1716, at Tarpolin Cove, Elizabeth Islands.
4. Susannah Atkins. md. a Green.
5. Rachel Atkins. md. (1) John Drake of Kennebec; md. (2nd) James Barry of Boston. 1 ch. by 1st md. & 4th ch. by 2nd md.
6. Anne Atkins. md. Samuel Clark, a blacksmith of Marblehead, Mass. 3 ch.
7. Sarah Atkins. md. Samuel Gurney of Little Compton R.I.
8. Esther Atkins. md. George Pike of Mendon Mass and was a widow in 1716.
9. Abigail Atkins.md.Thomas Washburn of Bridgewater Mass.
10. Ruth Atkins. md. John Haskins of Scituate Mass.. son of William Haskins.
From George Frank Scammons revised information before his death.
Susan Scammon Fischer
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|