Elizabeth BRANDON had 3 sisters 1.Mary, who md. William SKELTON; 2.Linea Frances, who md.
Martin CORNELISON & 3.Jane, who md. Spencer Forby FINE. Their parents are: Rhoda CARTWRIGHT and James BRANDON who md.abt.1813. They are "of" Rowan County, North Carolina, Davidson Co., Tennessee & Barren Co., Kentucky before moving to Arkansas.
James BRANDON dies 1856 in Washington Co., AR. Would like to find exact date & place. Does anyone have his obituary ? Would like to know where he was buried and what his tombstone states. A cousin has written that his parents are William & Catherine BAILEY
Rhoda dies 1840 in Wash.Co.,AR. Her
parents (my cousin states are:) Joseph & Elizabeth (maiden name unknown) CARTWRIGHT.
Would like to hear from their descendants.
Elizabeth BRANDON md John Peter LINDLEY & their children are:
1. James b abt 1828 TN - d bef 1869;
2. Sarah b abt 1831 TN - d __ Aug 189_ Springdale, Wash. Co., AR, she md. abt 1859 Wesley J. Presley SHOUSE;
3. Malinda M. "Linney" b 17 Jun 1835 near Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR - d 20 Jun 1911 Washburn, Barry Co., MO, md 17 Jan 1854 Fayetteville,
Wash.Co.,AR to James Alexander SKELTON;
4. Mary b abt 1836 AR, md 4 Apr 1854 Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR to Theodore RHEA, Mary d. ___ 5. ____b abt 1837 near Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR (found him in 1 Census) he might have died young
6. William b abt 1838 AR, md 25 Nov 1858 Wash.Co.,AR to Penelope HINSON/
7. Louisa b abt 1842 Clear Creek Township, P.O. Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR; 8. Jane b abt 1845/46 AR, md 25 Jan 1863 Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR to Sylvanius CARTWRIGHT;
9. Benjamin Franklin b 22 Oct 1850 Clear Creek Township, Fayetteville, Wash.Co.,AR - d 10 Oct 1917 at home SE of Springdale, Wash.Co.AR. "Ben" md 15 Jan 1869 Springdale, Wash.Co.,AR to Nancy E. "Nan" McGARY, daughter of Mathew & Martha GRAHAM McGary.
10. Elizabeth "Lizzie" b abt 1857-59 Clear Creek Twp., Fayetteville, Wash.Co., AR, md 28 Dec 1876 Benton Co.,AR to Andrew Mac(or H.) COLVILLE.
Would like to hear from the above descendants and share information. Picture are a delight to me. Of the above persons, I only have one small picture of "Ben" when he was white haired & with a beard, so can't really tell what he looks like. I come down thru "Ben" and Nancy's son, F.M. thru his daughter, Tressa, then me.
Hope to hear from some cousins. THANK YOU.
Willie E. SEARCY
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|