History of University of Arkansas, by Reynolds and Thomas, page 209 & 210 provide that Virginia Gray directed the First Art Department of what is now University of Arkansas in 1874. We find when new University Hall was opened in 1875 she was assigned 2nd Floor Clock Tower as her studio/class room. The book states she presented one of her paintings to the Board who in turn sent it to the home office in 1877.
We have contacted University of Arkansas Systems Office on 3 occasions concerning this painting and they have thus far refused to even reply.
It would appear that Mr Alan B. Sugg, nor his office have to provide the public any accounting for public property which is under their control.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|