My Simpkins line is as follows:
Stephen Simpkins md. Dovie Lewis in IN No dates
Children: (1) Jacob Simpkins md. Martha Hawkins. After his death, she married John Hopson in 1865, and later a
John M. Bailey.
Both Stephen and Jacob were killed after the Civil War by Bushwhackers.
(2) Sarah married George Washington Dempsey ca 1853 AR. They had 10 children. After G.W. Dempsey died, she married a Rhoads.
(3) Malinda Simpkins md. Marion W. Shelton before 1860. Their daughter Tennessee Alabama Shelton
married William F. Weaver, in Van Buren Co., No date.
Other children: Sarah E., Bursheba P., James M. Shelton md. Margaret Huggins. John T. md. Sallie N. Henderson and 2nd to Lizzie Gibbons. Vina E. md. Elmer Manker/Monker. One son, Stephen, who died as a child.
(4) Elizabeth Simpkins md. Andrew Jackson Dempsey ca 1859. Andrew died on his way back home from the
war. They had 1 child, Margaret Ann Dempsey. She was 1 yr old on the 1860 Census, Van Buren Co., both she and mother living with Geo. W. & Sarah Dempsey. Elizabeth later married A. B. Gaylor & they have 4 children that I know of.
Sometime, after the birth of Elizabeth, Dovie Lewis Simpkins, her mother died. No dates available.
Stephen Simpkins, remarried in ca 1848, to Elizabeth McInturff Robinett, a widow with 7 children at the age of 31 years. Stephen & Elizabeth had 3 sons and that is from whom my husband descends.
(1) Thomas Newton Simpkins, born Nov. 18, 1848 in Van Buren Co. He married Nancy Caroline Hunt Nov. 25, 1869 in Van Buren Co., AR. He died there December 31, 1915. They were parents of 12 children, my father-in-law, Jesse Harrison Simpkins, b. April 12, 1896 in Shirley, AR & died
November 28, 1993. He married Lillie May Tucker there in Cleburne Co., however, marriage record is in Van Buren Co.
(2) Stephen Simpkins, born ca 1851. No other info on him. He was missing on the 1870 census and found nowhere else.
(3) William H. Simpkins, b. 1855 and d. Aug. 23, 1893. He married Martha Stephens Johnson. He was shot & killed. Probably, family affair.
Children of Thomas Newton Simpkins & Nancy Caroline Hunt:
George Hunt Simpkins, Margaret Caroline Simpkins, John Dick Simpkins md. Notia Stephens, Mahaley Elizabeth Simpkins md. John Stephens Johnson, James Thomas Simpkins md. Ada Huie, Alice I. Simpkins, Hattie Jane Simpkins md. Benjamin Gibbons, Flora A. Simpkins, Katey Ellen Simpkins md. Ben Hensley, William Jefferson Simpkins md. Deliah Alma Blackburn, Bessie L. Simpkins, and Jessie Harrison Simpkins who md. Lillie Mae Tucker.
George Hunt Simpkins d. at age 17, Alice I. d. at age 17, Flora A. died at 22 months, and Bessie L. died at age 17.
This may help you with some of your lines. Nelda
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|