see the list below of old photographs, there are two of interest, see #5 and #8. unknown if whole group of people are related to the folks in 5 and 8, but since found together, would think probably so.... good luck !
I discovered a wonderful cache of old photographs in a local antique shop, the owner is letting me post them. Many are marked from photographers in Leonard Texas. So many are named on the backs of the photos ! Unfortunately the writer was a bad speller and the writing is very dim. If you happen to find family in this group, the shop is Yesterdaze Antiques, 1519 Main, Vernon TX – 940-886-6527 (no financial connection to the shop or owner). Just can’t stand for such to not find family ! Photos are circa 1890 – early 1900s.
Writing is hard to read so will do the best I can on spelling and will put ?? marks when I am in doubt.
1. Elna ?. Uncl Bill Bucahan. Unmarked photographer.
2. 2 men, identified as D.r. Salter (wonder if that is Dr or two initials) and Arta Marshie (?). Photographer B C Shanklin Leonard Texas.
3. young man and young woman who is sitting in a swing, Earl McRodster ? and Mag Rrppatric ???. Photographer: Kent, Leonard Texas.
4. Young woman, Effie Pitman. Photographer: B C Shanklin; Leonard Texas.
5. Woman standing, man sitting in chair. Photographer not marked. Writing looks like: Uncle Alvin. Howard and Idir and Willes Chapman of Saline Ark (may be Saline Co AR from another photo in this collection)
6. Bust of young man, photographer: Shanklin, Leonard Texas. Bill Oorlie?? Aorilie?? Or Darlie?? Great photo!
7. Young man, photographer: Kent, Leonard, Texas. On back is: 1216; Edd Neather (it is either N or M?, eather is very clear. Last name Crit or Cut ?
8. Young couple with 2 young kids. George Harertt or Harerth or Harutt ??? and wife and children of Saline Co Ark.
9. Young woman in swing and young man standing, photographer: Kent; Leonard, Texas. Names on back: Snow?? Hairs (wonder if that is Harris?) and Jat or Jot Frazer.
10. Young man, photographer B C Shanklin, Leonard Texas. name on back: John Norwood.
11. Young man, photographer F. ?. Rice, Leonard, Texas. Name on back: Wa?r or Wa?k Cinor or Ginor?? Maybe the r on the end is an n??
12. Young man standing, photo marked Leonard, Texas. Bud Bats (could that be Bates?)
13. Couple with two older children, photographer is Kent, Leonard, Texas. Back marked: Uncle Henerson ?? Family (then this word – Buskshanon ???) Wonder if that is supposed to be Buchannon??
14. Man standing, photographer is Kent, Leonard Texas. Back marked Jim Tomson. (Thompson??)
15. Young man standing, photographer B C Shanklin, Leonard Texas. Back marked: Smith Norwood.
16. Two young children, photographer Mertens, Leonard Texas. Back marked Luis and ?? (Juie or ?uie or ?nie, maybe Ivie?) Morgan.
17. Group of young men and women, back of photo says “grup ob young people of famin Co and ______ Texas. (now in that blank spot, it looks like this word ?ad?land, there may also be Co for county between that word and Texas ???)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|