George W. Gibbons b. 1825 AL married Charlotte Wann b. Frb. 20, 1826. Marriage location unknown. I was able to learn the ancestry of Charlotte Wann but still searching for the ancestors of George W. Gibbons. I have some decendants of George W. Gibbans and Charlotte Wann.
In the 1870 Census, Conway Co., AR, there is a Jesse Gibans. Anyone know if he could be related to George? Age difference is about 2 years. George and Charlotte came to Ashley Co., AR around 1849. George died in Searcy Co., AR.
I and my fellow Gibbons family is having one heck of a time researching our line or linking it to other Gibbons lines. George was a doctor. Was wondering if any counties in AR have records of doctors who practiced in the state.
Children of George and Charlotte:
1. George W. Gibbons, Jr. (also a doctor)b. abt. 1858
2. John J. Gibbons (Capt) b. abt. 1856 married Martha Hibbens
3. Joe Gibbons b. abt. 1851
4. John Welsey Gibbons (my gg grandfather) b. 9-7-1848 TN
married Sarah Margaret Hibbons in Conway Co., AR 1873.
5. Lucinda Ann Gibbons b. Mar 1857 married William thomas Hibbens (who was born 1856 Conway Co., AR)
6. Nancy E. Gibbons b. 1861 married James Arnold Lassiter/Laster.
NOTE: Sarah Hibbens and William Hibbens are brother and sister. Researching this line also with very little luck.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|