I saw your request for information.
I have a copy of the 1881 census for the UK and as I was an Annetts before I was married I was "Annetts browsing" and came up with the following:- Albert Annetts born 1847 in Winterslow,Wiltshire,England - he was a "Coppice Labourer" and was married to Sarah Annetts born 1850 in Winterbourne,Wilts. at this time they had four children.
1) Ellen born 1873 in Winterslow
2) Bessie born 1875 in Winterslow
3) Bertie born 1878 in Winterslow
4) Emma 18 months old so could have been either 1879 or 1880 in Winterslow. At this time they were all living at Lower Winter W Nr.Mogshade which must be near Winterslow because that's where the census was taken. I know there is no Wilfred at this time but they were still a young family so he may have come along later.
I also looked up Silas Stone And found one born in 1848 in Winterslow - he was a Farm Labourer and married to Elizabeth Stone born in 1849 also in Winterslow. There were two children:-
1) John Hardy who is shown to be Elizabeth's son born in 1872 in Winterslow
2)Henry Stone born 1880 in - would you believe it - Winterslow!
They were living at - Middle Winter W(which also must be near Winterslow - same reason as before.
I hope this helps.
Regards Jane Griggs
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|