Chris and Dian, I am also interested in the Marion Co., Iowa Angels. I show that John Prentice/Prentiss Angel married (1)Elizabeth Randolph, date unk. I have four children for them:
1. Alfred A. b 15 Jul 1843 in IND?, who married Mary Etta Beeson/Buson in Henry County, Iowa in 1866 and died in Mount Pleasant, Henry Co. in 1922. He served in the Civil War in Co. H, 21st Iowa Infantry. and lived in Henry Co., from 1865 til he died. They had at least 6 children, and possibly raised some grandchildren: Benjamin Franklin Angel, William P., Jesse, Alice A, Iliff, and George. Benjamin married Anna McLeune, Alice married W. A. Alcott
2. Wilson, b. abt 1846 IND? who died during the Civil War, 11 JUN 1864, in Ripley, Miss. He served in Co. K, 3rd Ia Inf. What's interesting is that it looks like his father, John P. Angel, files a Civil War Pension claim #499818? on him Dec. 10, 1890 in Wisconsin. I lightly searched Wisconsin info and found a marriage record for a Prentice Angel to Anna L. Squires 25 Aug 1863. No death record found, yet. Could have been his 3rd marriage?
3. James Sanford, b. abt 1847 Indiana, married Eliza E. Ridlen 16 Nov. 1869 in Marion Co., Iowa. He died Apr. 7, 1907 and she died Feb 1, 1907, but I haven't been able to find obituaries for them. I have a note that she died in Albia, Monroe Co., but am not sure. He served in Co. I, 9th Iowa Cavalry during the Civil War. They are buried in Bethel Cemetery in Marion Co., Iowa
I had dau. Lulu and son Perlis from the 1880 census, didn't know about John.
Lulu married Thomas Jefferson Wales and they are both buried in Greenlawn Cemetery near Bussey, Marion Co., Iowa next to Myrtle J. Wales, who was b. 1892 and died 1962 and my have been a daughter?
4. Lydia Ann Angel, b 20 Sep, 1851 in Indiana, married John Martin Smith Dec. 12, 1871 in Marion Co. They had 5 children: Emma J., Charles S., Elizabeth, "Lizzy" B, Samuel M. and Ora Leonard. They are both buried in Bellefountaine Cemetery, Marion Co., Iowa. My husband is descended from Lizzy, who died during childbirth. Her daughter, Nellie Hayes, was raised by "Mart" and Lydia. Nellie was my husband's grandmother. I have more info on this family, if you're interested.
5. I would be interested to know more about Mary Angel, if either of you have more info.
Cliff, I am interested in the name Prentiss Angel. I show Prentiss Angel with wife Elizabeth, sons Alfred , Wilson, and Sanford in the 1850 Federal Census Rushville twp., Schuyler Co., Illinois. I am looking for his father and mother.
Could his father/uncle have been the Prentiss Angel in the 1830 Exeter twp, Otsego Co., NY Census; next in the 1840 Washington twp., Wayne Co, Indiana or are there many Prentiss Angels running around here??
Thanks for any of your help. firstname.lastname@example.org
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|