The most recent DAR record for Richard William Thompson #830732, gives the following: [The previous records are very old and incorrect as to birth and death dates.]
Thompson, Richard W.
Service: Virginia Rank: Fife Major
b. 1741 Dublin, Ireland
d. 1836 Delaware Co., OH
Service Source: Comp Mil Serv Recs, M-881, Roll 969 Seimes.
Service: 1) Capt Burges Ball, Thomas Gaskins, Cols
2) Josiah Parker, John Nevill, Charles Scott
Residence: State Virginia
Spouse: Rebecca Lee
Child through whom applicants joined Stephen/Matilda Ritter.
1. Generation Restricted
2. Generation Restricted
3. Generation Restricted
4. Name Restricted was the child of
George W. Kershaw b. c1862 OH; d. p1910 Delaware Co. OH and his 1st wife Harriet M. Thompson, b. 18 Aug 1877 OH; d. at Denver, Denver Co., Co. on 4 Jun 1968; married 27 Nov 1895 at Delaware Co., OH.
5. The said Harriet M. Thompson was the child of Alexander Thompson b. c1849 OH; d. at New Albany, OH p17 Aug 1891 and his 1st wife Emmeretta Landon b. 29 July 1851 OH; d. at Delaware Co, OH on 2 Dec 1926; married 3 Oct 1876 OH.
6. The said Alexander Thompson was the child of
Stephen Thompson b 1805 OH; died at Delaware Co., OH on 9 Feb 1881 and his first wife Matilda Ritter, b. 1810 OH; d. at Delaware Co., OH on Mar 1891; married 1832.
7. The said Stephen Thompson was the child of Richard W. Thompson b. 1741 Dubin, Ire; died at Delaware Co., OH 1836 and his first wife Rebecca Lee b. 1760 PA; d. 9 Feb 1852; married 1781.
You can order this application through DAR on the Internet.
The cost is about $10-15.
Tombstone inscriptions are not always correct, depends on who gave information. I have an ancestor buried in Bellville Cemetery, saying she was wife of Revolutionary soldier, who I know was a notorious Tory! I have the historical sources about his supplying the British during war, along with his son and other family members.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|