Big changes have come to Genealogy.com — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
 
Learn more


Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Surnames: Albury Family Genealogy Forum

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Re: A Shepherd from Kent by Alison Brooks
Posted by: Peter Relph (ID *****5360) Date: July 06, 2011 at 15:23:22
In Reply to: Re: A Shepherd from Kent by Alison Brooks by Jewel Brooks of 140

Thanks for that information.I haven't researched the ALBURYs above John 1794 to any great depth, but the immigration record for John ALBURY says that his parents were H[enr]y ALBURY and Margaret Anne MILLER.
I'll be interested to see what I can find.
I can understand Alison not being interested in continually updating her book, after the massive amount of work she would have put into it, which might be 99% correct, quite possibly all she hears now is about the other 1%. Like any other information you just take it as a guide to find the real documents, and if the real documents don't exist then you have no way of knowing. That especially applies to LDS Member Submissions to the IGI, if the original baptismal documents had been available to the member then the LDS wouldn't have been posthumously baptising them.
Someone was asking on this list about getting hold of a copy of the book, I bought mine directly from Alison a year or so ago, but the National Australian Library has a copy.
Peter Relph
peter@relph.org


Notify Administrator about this message?
Followups:

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

http://genforum.genealogy.com/albury/messages/137.html
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network