Luke Albiston (1838-1892), son of Noah and Esther Albiston, was a licensed victualler and left his pub, the Printers Arms on Brook Street, Stockport to his wife Ann.
Here is what I know about Luke and his descendants.
Luke married Hannah Balton on 25 Dec 1858 at St. Thomas, Heaton Norris. They had these children:
1. Edwin Albiston, born 1862, died 1901 at Stockport Union Workhouse.
2. Esther Albiston, born 1864 in Stockport.
3. Annie Albiston, born abt 1867 in Manchester, buried 21 Sep 1887 at Christ Church, Heaton Norris.
Hannah died sometime around 1868. Luke later remarried Mrs. Ann Jane Towers (nee Goostrey) on 5 Jun 1870 at St. Mark's Bredbury. I know of two children born to Luke and Ann:
1. Joseph Albiston, born 1871 in Stockport. He married Elizabeth Ann Higgins in 1897 at Christ Church, Heaton Norris. Children born to Joseph and Elizabeth Ann: Luke (born 11 Jan 1898 and died while away at war 22 Oct 1917); Ethel (born about 1900); Jennie (born about 1902); John and others names not presently known.
2. Emma Albiston, born 1874 in Stockport. She married William Price and was living in Edgeley at the time of the 1901 census. William and Emma had a daughter Jessie who was born 1900 in Stockport.
Look forward to hearing from any of Luke's descendants.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|