William Carver was bron in Person County, NC. He moved to Pickens Co. AL by 1830 and then moved to Choctaw Co. MS where he died about 1854. He married twice. He married first in Pickens Co. AL. The name of his first wife is unknown. The children of the first marriage are:
1) Mattie Carver, b. 1832, AL, m. Bill Shewmake.
2) James G. Carver, b. 1834, AL.
3) George W. Carver, b. 1836, AL.
4) William Martin Carver, b. April 14, 1839, Choctaw Co. MS. died December 11, 1911, Alva, Ms. Married Lucy Calaway on January 3, 1861.
5) Laura Carver b. 1842, Choctaw Co. MS.
6) Marion Carver, b. 1844, Choctaw Co. MS.
William Carver married second Mary Agnes Shumake by 1847.
The children the second marriage were:
1) Jesse Andrew SCarver, b. December 25, 1848, Choctaw Co. MS., d. December 26, 1915, m. Mary Margaret (Maggie) Hammonds.
2) Lydia Jeanette Carver, b. 1852 Choctaw Co. MS., d. 1935, m. William C. Johnson.
Does anyone know when William Carver died and where he is buried? Also, does anyone know what the maiden name of his first wife was, she was probably from Pickens Co. AL. Would like to correspond with any descendants of William Carver. Charlotte G. Boykin
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|