Really would like contact with desc of John C. Short and his wife Mary McDaniel (married 4 Sept 1826, Monroe Co GA). They settled in Marion Co GA with his brother Howell who married Mary's sister Sarah. John C. Short died Aug 1849 per mortality census in Marion Co GA. Mary went to Covington/Crenshaw Co AL with her children (except eldest), her aging father and some McDaniel relatives ca 1859. Why?
Children to John C. and Mary were:
1. James E. Short (1832-1864) married Martha Ann Melton
2. Martha Jane Short (1832-1892) married Ephraim H. Owens.
3. John Anderson Short(1836/7-1860+) last shown in 1860 census.
4. Sarah Ann Short (1838-1857+) last shown in fathers probate in Marion Co 1857.
5. Mary Angeline Short (1842-1912), married Harvey Washington Alsabrook.
6. Howell Laban Short (1842-1880+), married ELiza ---- and A.M. ----- per census. Was a miller early on then a tanner/shoemaker.
7. Benjamin Henry Short (1845-1870+) last seen living with brother in 1870 census.
Am willing to share information. Trish Elliott-KAshima
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|