This is the info I have on Ann Dudgeon and Joseph Akin :
Descendants of Gavin Dudgeon
Generation No. 1
1. GAVIN1 DUDGEON was born Abt. 1660 in Co. Tyrons, IRELAND. He married CHRISTINA OSBOROUGH.
Child of GAVIN DUDGEON and CHRISTINA OSBOROUGH is:
2. i. JOHN2 DUDGEON, b. 1688, BALLYBOGAN, DONEGAL, IRELAND; d. 1763, Cub Creek,Lunenburg Co., VA..
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 DUDGEON (GAVIN1) was born 1688 in BALLYBOGAN, DONEGAL, IRELAND, and died 1763 in Cub Creek,Lunenburg Co., VA.. He married CATHERINE CALDWELL 1707 in Ireland, daughter of JOSEPH CALDWELL and JANE MCGHIE.
Notes for JOHN DUDGEON:
BIOGRAPHY: Arrived in America 10 December 1727 aboard the ship EAGLE'S WING at New Castle, Delaware. going then to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. About 1742 moved to Lunenburg County (now Charlotte), Virginia where they were joined by relatives, forming what is known as the "Caldwell Settlement" for many years.
Children of JOHN DUDGEON and CATHERINE CALDWELL are:
i. THOMAS3 DUDGEON.
ii. JOHN DUDGEON, b. 1708, Ireland; d. January 11, 1776, VA; m. CATHERINE.
3. iii. MARY (DUGEN) DUDGEON, b. 1709, Ireland; d. 1820, Mercer Co.,KY.
4. iv. MARTHA DUDGEON, b. Abt. 1710, Ireland; d. 1763, Lunenburg Co,VA.
5. v. RICHARD DUDGEON, b. 1715, Ireland; d. January 1771.
6. vi. WILLIAM D. DUDGEON, b. 1715, Co. Derry, Ireland; d. December 08, 1786, Charlotte Co., VA.
Generation No. 3
3. MARY (DUGEN)3 DUDGEON (JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born 1709 in Ireland, and died 1820 in Mercer Co.,KY. She married DAVID CALDWELL 1730 in Augusta, Virginia, son of JOHN CALDWELL and MARGARETTE PHILLIPS.
Notes for DAVID CALDWELL:
David's widow and all the family moved to Ky
Will dated Oct 19, 1765 proved March 6, 1769
Children of MARY DUDGEON and DAVID CALDWELL are:
i. ALICE4 CALDWELL.
7. ii. JOHN CALDWELL, b. June 11, 1750, VA; d. June 11, 1829, Columbia,Adair Co.,Kentucky.
8. iii. WILLIAM CALDWELL, b. 1752, VA; d. 1798, Kentucky.
9. iv. DAVID VARNER CALDWELL, b. March 11, 1753, Cub Creek,Lunenburg Co.,Virginia; d. May 26, 1840, Logan Co.,Kentucky.
v. SARAH CALDWELL, b. 1757; m. JOHN OWENS.
vi. MARY THANKFUL ALICE CALDWELL, b. May 27, 1757, Charlotte Co., Virginia; d. November 26, 1821, Harrodsburg, Mercer Co., Kentucky; m. ABRAHAM SMITH.
vii. ROBERT CALDWELL, b. October 07, 1762, Cub Creek,Lunenberg,Virginia; d. 1837, Adair,Kentucky; m. AGNES HANNAH WILLS.
viii. JANE (JEANNE) CALDWELL, b. 1765, VA; m. ROBERT LUMKINS.
ix. JAMES CALDWELL, b. 1768, VA; m. ANGELINE ISHAM.
x. THOMAS CALDWELL, b. 1769.
4. MARTHA3 DUDGEON (JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born Abt. 1710 in Ireland, and died 1763 in Lunenburg Co,VA. She married DAVID LOGAN in Pennsylvania.
Child of MARTHA DUDGEON and DAVID LOGAN is:
10. i. MARY4 LOGAN, b. 1734, Pennsylvania; d. Danville,Mercer Co,KY.
5. RICHARD3 DUDGEON (JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born 1715 in Ireland, and died January 1771. He married (1) CATHERINE TERRY Bef. 1742 in Virginia. He married (2) MARY TERRY August 06, 1755 in Halifax Co, VA.
Children of RICHARD DUDGEON and CATHERINE TERRY are:
i. JOHN DAILEY4 DUDGEON, b. 1742, VA; d. Halifax co,Va; m. CATHERINE.
ii. MARTHA DUDGEON.
iii. RICHARD DUDGEON.
Children of RICHARD DUDGEON and MARY TERRY are:
11. iv. REBECCA4 DUDGEON, b. VA.
v. MARTHA DUDGEON, b. Halifax co,Va; m. JOHN LOGAN.
vi. CATHERINE DUDGEON, b. 1756; d. 1820, Mooresville, TN; m. JOHN ROYALL.
12. vii. JAMES DUDGEON, b. August 08, 1763, Lunenburg Co, VA; d. February 22, 1824, Boone Co., KY.
6. WILLIAM D.3 DUDGEON (JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born 1715 in Co. Derry, Ireland, and died December 08, 1786 in Charlotte Co., VA. He married MARGARET FOSTER Abt. 1745 in Lunenberg Co., VA.
Notes for WILLIAM D. DUDGEON:
Fought in the Revolutionary War
VA--Will Bk No.1
Children of WILLIAM DUDGEON and MARGARET FOSTER are:
13. i. JOHN4 DUDGEON, b. 1755, Lunenburg Co., VA,; d. 1805, Lincoln Co., KY.
14. ii. ANN DUDGEON.
15. iii. WILLIAM THOMAS DUDGEON.
16. iv. ALEXANDER DUDGEON.
Generation No. 4
7. JOHN4 CALDWELL (MARY (DUGEN)3 DUDGEON, JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born June 11, 1750 in VA, and died June 11, 1829 in Columbia,Adair Co.,Kentucky. He married DICEY MANN June 01, 1775 in Columbia,Adair Co.,Kentucky, daughter of FRANCIS MANN and OBDIENCE.
Children of JOHN CALDWELL and DICEY MANN are:
i. DAVID5 CALDWELL.
ii. WILLIAM CALDWELL.
iii. MARY CALDWELL, b. February 28, 1782.
iv. POLLY OR MARY CALDWELL.
v. PHOEBE CALDWELL.
vi. BEVERLY CALDWELL, b. 1779.
8. WILLIAM4 CALDWELL (MARY (DUGEN)3 DUDGEON, JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born 1752 in VA, and died 1798 in Kentucky. He married NANCY TRABUE.
Child of WILLIAM CALDWELL and NANCY TRABUE is:
i. ISAAC5 CALDWELL, m. KATE SMITH.
9. DAVID VARNER4 CALDWELL (MARY (DUGEN)3 DUDGEON, JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born March 11, 1753 in Cub Creek,Lunenburg Co.,Virginia, and died May 26, 1840 in Logan Co.,Kentucky. He married PHOEBE MANN March 26, 1840 in Logan Co.,Kentucky, daughter of FRANCIS MANN and OBDIENCE.
Children of DAVID CALDWELL and PHOEBE MANN are:
i. THOMAS5 CALDWELL, b. December 12, 1774, VA.
ii. JOSIAH JACKSON CALDWELL.
iii. FRANCIS MANN CALDWELL, b. August 08, 1778, Lincoln Co.,Kentucky.
iv. SARAH CALDWELL, b. October 01, 1780, Lincoln Co.,Kentucky.
v. DAVID CALDWELL, b. March 16, 1782, Lincoln Co.,Kentucky.
vi. JAMES CALDWELL, b. January 17, 1784, Lincoln Co.,Kentucky; d. February 1850, Danville,,Kentucky.
vii. DICERY DICEY CALDWELL, b. September 28, 1785, Kentucky.
viii. WILLIAM CALDWELL, b. June 17, 1787, Kentucky; d. October 07, 1860; m. MARY POLLY HENDERSON.
ix. PHOEBE CALDWELL.
10. MARY4 LOGAN (MARTHA3 DUDGEON, JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born 1734 in Pennsylvania, and died in Danville,Mercer Co,KY. She married ROBERT II CALDWELL January 01, 1775 in Virginia, son of JOHN CALDWELL and MARGARETTE PHILLIPS.
Notes for ROBERT II CALDWELL:
Inherited 600 acres of East side of Cub Creek from his father
Child of MARY LOGAN and ROBERT CALDWELL is:
i. JAMES LOGAN5 CALDWELL, b. January 08, 1778, VA.; d. February 12, 1850, Mercer Co.,KY; m. PHOEBE HENDERSON.
11. REBECCA4 DUDGEON (RICHARD3, JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born in VA. She married JAMES TERRY.
Children of REBECCA DUDGEON and JAMES TERRY are:
i. REBECCA5 TERRY.
ii. OLIVE TERRY.
12. JAMES4 DUDGEON (RICHARD3, JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born August 08, 1763 in Lunenburg Co, VA, and died February 22, 1824 in Boone Co., KY. He married NANCY MARSHALL January 09, 1784 in Campbell Co, VA.
Notes for JAMES DUDGEON:
Source for James Dudgeon line:Michael Marshall email@example.com
Source for james Dudgeons line: Douglas Scott firstname.lastname@example.org
Children of JAMES DUDGEON and NANCY MARSHALL are:
i. POLLY MARY5 DUDGEON, b. 1786; m. RANSOM ALPHIN, April 15, 1808, Boone Co., KY.
ii. SOPHIA DUDGEON, b. 1788.
iii. RICHARD H. DUDGEON, b. 1789, VA; d. Gallatin Co., KY; m. (1) BETSY NOELL, March 20, 1825, Boone Co., KY; m. (2) SUSAN KILE, October 19, 1853, Boone Co., KY.
Notes for RICHARD H. DUDGEON:
Source for Richard Dudgeons line: Douglas Scott email@example.com
iv. PATSY M. DUDGEON, b. 1792; d. October 16, 1868.
v. WILLIAM MARSHALL DUDGEON, b. September 02, 1795; d. 1833; m. NANCY SLATER.
vi. RHODA DUDGEON, b. 1798; m. JOHN OXLEY.
vii. MAHALA DUDGEON, b. 1800; m. ANDREW SHEETS, April 20, 1820, Boone Co., KY.
viii. JAMES HARVEY DUDGEON, b. February 17, 1802; m. POLLY NOELL, October 03, 1822.
ix. JOEL FORREST DUDGEON, b. 1804; m. SUSAN KILE, March 05, 1827, Boone Co., KY.
x. ANNA W. DUDGEON, b. 1805; m. WILLIAM T. WHITSON, September 16, 1830, Boone Co., KY.
xi. DANIEL M. DUDGEON, b. 1809; m. HARRIETT MCHATTON, February 07, 1836, Boone Co., KY.
13. JOHN4 DUDGEON (WILLIAM D.3, JOHN2, GAVIN1) was born 1755 in Lunenburg Co., VA,, and died 1805 in Lincoln Co., KY. He married MARY HUNT "MOLLIE" SUBLETT June 05, 1782 in Charlotte County,Virginia, daughter of WILLIAM SUBLETT and SUSANNA ALLEN.
Notes for JOHN DUDGEON:
Mary Hunt SUBLETT migrated to Lincoln Co., KY. 1797.
Title: GEDCOM File : w a sublett 1723 dec.ged
Author: Gary N. Lewis
Abbrev: Gary N. Lewis
Children of JOHN DUDGEON and MARY SUBLETT are:
i. WILLIAM BUCK5 DUDGEON, b. October 26, 1788, VA; d. July 03, 1869, Taylor, Kentucky; m. (1) SOPHIA "SILVEY" PHILLIPS, November 27, 1814, Green County, Kentucky; m. (2) JANE EDRINGTON, January 07, 1830, Kentucky.
Notes for WILLIAM BUCK DUDGEON:
DUDGEON, William to EDRINGTON, Jane, 7 Jan. 1830
source for marriage :State of Kentucky - Green County Marriage Records, Book B,1793 to 1836
Author: Green County Historical Society
ii. SUSANNA DUDGEON, m. ARMSTRONG KERR, Lincoln County, Kentucky.
iii. NANCY DUDGEON, b. June 06, 1784; m. JOHN L. ROGERS, May 11, 1801, Lincoln County, Kentucky.
iv. JOHN DUDGEON, b. 1872; m. NELLIE ROGERS, May 20, 1805, Madison County, Kentucky.
v. MARY POLLY DUDGEON, b. 1787, Lincoln , Kentucky; d. 1879; m. ANDREW HALL, February 18, 1808, Lincoln County, Kentucky.
vi. MARGARET PEGGY DUDGEON, b. 1791, Charlotte, Virginia; m. FRANCIS DAVIS PHILLIPS, August 19, 1809, Green County, Kentucky.
Notes for FRANCIS DAVIS PHILLIPS:
Source: State of Kentucky - Green County Marriage Records, 1793 to 1836
Author: Green County Historical Society
vii. MARTHA PATSY DUDGEON, m. JOHN WILLIAMSON, January 11, 1815, Lincoln Co., Kentucky.
viii. SUBLETT DUDGEON, m. NANCY PHILLIPS, June 06, 1812, Green Co., Kentucky.
Notes for SUBLETT DUDGEON:
bondsmen are Sublett Dudgeon and Wm S. Day, Wm Phillips Jr. father
State of Kentucky - Green County Marriage Records, 1793 to 1836
Author: Green County Historical Society
14. ANN4 DUDGEON (WILLIAM D.3, JOHN2, GAVIN1). She married JOSEPH AKIN July 07, 1784 in Campbell Co, VA.
Notes for ANN DUDGEON:
Marriage Book, Campbell County, 1782-1810
Akin, Joseph (batchelor) and Ann Dudgeon (spinster), bond 7 July 1784. Consent certified by Thomas Moore. This maybe the second marriage for each since a daughter of Joseph's was married in 1787 (see below), plus the notations as "batchelor and spinster
Child of ANN DUDGEON and JOSEPH AKIN is:
i. SALLY5 AKIN, b. Abt. 1767; m. WILLIAM ALLEN SUBLETT, December 20, 1787, Campbell County,Virginia.
15. WILLIAM THOMAS4 DUDGEON (WILLIAM D.3, JOHN2, GAVIN1). He married MARTHA FARTHING April 03, 1794 in Campbell Co VA.
Notes for WILLIAM THOMAS DUDGEON:
William and Martha had several children, 5 sons and 4 daughters show on the 1810 census of Lincoln County, Kentucky. William Dudgeon probably died before 1830, since the 1830 census shows Martha alone with 3 sons. He is referred to as deceased
in 1822 at the time of the marriage of his daughter
Children of WILLIAM DUDGEON and MARTHA FARTHING are:
i. AGNES "AGGIE"5 DUDGEON, m. WILLIAM SMITH, 11-8-1816.
ii. NANCY DUDGEON, m. ISAAC LYNN, February 22, 1827.
iii. FOSTER B. DUDGEON, b. 1797, Kentucky.
iv. RICHARD DUDGEON, b. 1800.
v. JOHN DUDGEON, b. 1801, VA; m. NANCY LYNN.
vi. SARAH SALLY DUDGEON, b. March 06, 1801; d. September 17, 1866, Osage Co. MO; m. SAMUEL B. PEARL, May 01, 1822, Lincoln Co. KY.
Notes for SARAH SALLY DUDGEON:
Settled in Warren Co., MO in 1830
vii. ARMSTRONG CARR DUDGEON, b. December 10, 1809, Kentucky; d. March 16, 1882, Chamois, Osage Co. MO; m. ELIZABETH ALKIRE, December 22, 1836, Chamois, Osage Co. MO.
More About ELIZABETH ALKIRE:
Burial: Alkire/Dudgeon Cemetary, Osage,MO
16. ALEXANDER4 DUDGEON (WILLIAM D.3, JOHN2, GAVIN1). He married ELIZABETH FARTHING January 11, 1793 in Campbell Co VA.
Children of ALEXANDER DUDGEON and ELIZABETH FARTHING are:
i. FOSTER5 DUDGEON.
ii. RICHARD DUDGEON.
iii. MARGARET DUDGEON.
iv. WILLIAM DUDGEON.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|